Lilypie 2nd Birthday Ticker

You Could Always Adopt. . .

Adopted 3 boys out of foster care, then got pregnant for my beautiful daughter, now currently pregnant again with twins.

Saturday, February 28, 2009

Scooter (Updated)

Scooter was our 2nd foster child. He was two, came to us when mom abandoned him at a babysitter's. Dad promptly showed up from out of state and the 72 hour hearing, but judge wanted to check him out first, so he stayed with us about a month, and reunited with his dad.

Anyway, Scooter's uncle, who lives in town invited us to his wedding this afternoon, so I get to go see my little man today! I honestly hope he doesn't remember me though, but it will be nice to see how he's doing. Hard to believe he's almost 5 now!

Other than that I've been busy with school, taking two classes plus teaching full time. I will try to update more as soon as I can. I hope I still have some of you coming by to visit. Been missing everyone.

Updated:

Well, Scooter didn't remember us, so that was great, so he should have no memory of being in foster care. Got hugs from dad and dad's girlfriend. He is doing great, some problems with tantrums in school and still wants to eat all the time. Dad also has another special needs child so we have something in common too. I know I got attached to him at the time, but it's so refreshing to see happy endings for some of these kids.

3 Comments:

  • At 5:01 PM, Blogger Unknown said…

    I check your blog several times a week and always figure that no news is probably good news. Hang in there! Prayers from South Dakota.

     
  • At 5:50 PM, Blogger Amanda said…

    YAY!!!!! We don't hear enough foster care happy endings, for sure.

     
  • At 3:04 PM, Blogger DrSpouse said…

    That made me feel very happy!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home