Lilypie 2nd Birthday Ticker

You Could Always Adopt. . .

Adopted 3 boys out of foster care, then got pregnant for my beautiful daughter, now currently pregnant again with twins.

Friday, May 01, 2009

Threat

There was a bomb threat today at all the schools in our area. To make things worse, daycare decides to take advantage of the situation to get a day off. I couldn't leave K with the kids all day, so got a half day off. Of course, it was kinda nice in a way to have a little time off. I only had 4 kids in my class when I left. They should have cancelled school, but I guess its better not to have to make it up like we did for all the hurricane days missed.

For those who asked, yes we are adopting J.

When school ends, the teenager we took for the weekend is coming to stay with us for a while D.

Smiley's mom is due in July, and think I've convinced my husband to let me accept the baby as a placement if he comes into care.

On the job front, there doesn't appear to be any openings at this time, so it looks like I'm either going to have to take the year off or give up teaching(which I love) to go back into the business field for employment.

I'm so looking forward to the summer and we've been promising ourselves to a vaction and hope to follow through on it this time.

3 Comments:

  • At 6:20 PM, Blogger StarfishMom said…

    GOod luck with the job hunting!!! Will J's adoption be soon?? I'm still holding out hope for YOUR pink!!! It's coming. :)

    savingstarfish.blogspot.com

     
  • At 11:40 PM, Blogger JUST A MOM said…

    OH you HAVE TO ENJOY THEM WHILE YOU CAN,, they grow up soooooo fast,,,,,

     
  • At 7:42 AM, Blogger Mom2*2gr8kids said…

    Happy Mother's Day to a very special mommy!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home