Lilypie 2nd Birthday Ticker

You Could Always Adopt. . .

Adopted 3 boys out of foster care, then got pregnant for my beautiful daughter, now currently pregnant again with twins.

Saturday, May 24, 2008

Why I've Been Away

For lack of time and creativity, my new arrivals are:

G - 3 yr old boy
J - 1 yr old boy

We had the joyous 1st family visit since the boys have been here. G's already horrible behavior was multiplied by 10 Tues night as I experienced a 2 hour tantrum including the kicking, screaming, and trying to hit his head on anything in sight. Just now had to stop typing to go put him back in time out. I fear he has an attachment disorder as nothing phases him or makes him listen. He was also calling us mommy and daddy an hour after meeting us. G is still playing rather rough with Smiley, so I still have concerns with this.

J is a little better but screams a lot and throws himself around when he doesn't get his way. I think he was very spoiled in his other home. He is lovable most of the time and gets along well with Smiley. He is constantly wanting to eat, but I'm sure that's just his age.

K has been a tremendous help with the little ones, but we are a bit overwhelmed. What I'm working on now, is letting G learn he doesn't get everything he wants. Yes, I am having a power struggle with a 3 year old and I believe I'm winning, which is why there is much screaming and tantrums from G.

At this point, caseworker is considering separating them and may let us just keep J. G has caused EVERY placement to fail and his behaviors are beginning to rub off on J. I don't normally like to see siblings separated, but I think this may be the only way for the 3 of them to get adopted. Older sister is in another home and is thriving now.

I'm not sure what will happen next, but right now I'm fighting for control and peace in my house. Please pray for my little ones.

9 Comments:

  • At 8:19 AM, Blogger Sparks said…

    So glad to hear how things are going with the new boys. I hope and pray that they will get better with out having to move the older on. That must be so hard on them, being moved so many times.

     
  • At 8:22 AM, Blogger StarfishMom said…

    You're family is in my thoughts and prayers.

     
  • At 6:32 PM, Blogger Foster Mom to Many said…

    Attachment disorders are so hard. We had a 2 year old with RAD and that was the longest 14 months of my life. Anytime a new child came into the house and was calling us mommy and daddy right away, it scared me cause I knew what was coming in terms of behaviors. Hope it works out for you guys. Hang in there!

     
  • At 7:14 PM, Blogger happyadoptingmom said…

    Praying it all gets worked out for the best for all involved.

     
  • At 8:38 PM, Blogger Ms. J said…

    I just finished reading "The Weaver's Craft" about toddler attachment & adoption (being as experienced as you are, you probably are already familiar with it).

    My heart goes out to these little guys -- they are doing their best to cope and survive, given the rough start they have had in life.

    Thinking of you, and sending support and prayers.

     
  • At 10:42 PM, Blogger StarfishMom said…

    I think someone messed up! We need to switch!!!Tonight I just brought home an almost 7 month old baby girl and YOU have the boys I wanted. Why do these things ALWAYS happen??? Still praying for you all!!! :)

     
  • At 4:07 PM, Blogger Amanda said…

    Good luck ironing everything out. You've certainly got your hands full but I'm sure you're doing an amazing(!!) job.

     
  • At 10:34 AM, Blogger Julie said…

    Just keep treading water!!! Sounds like chaos there!

     
  • At 10:43 AM, Blogger JUST A MOM said…

    BIG PRAYERS,,,,,,

     

Post a Comment

<< Home