Lilypie 2nd Birthday Ticker

You Could Always Adopt. . .

Adopted 3 boys out of foster care, then got pregnant for my beautiful daughter, now currently pregnant again with twins.

Saturday, May 10, 2008

I know this happens a lot

The 2 and 1 yr old I was told had no major problems...Well, come to find out the older boy is 3 1/2(which by itself isn't a big deal), agressive, and the boys have been moved 4 times. Yes, they are here. No major problems yet except older boy is bullying on Smiley a bit.

Normally, I'd blow off this "forgotten" information, but I have a medically needy child. I'm not so angry that I'm ready to give up already, I'm just pissed because I don't like to have children moved unnecessarily and had I known this, I would have said they wouldn't be a good fit for the other children in my home. They would, however, be great as the youngest children or only children.

For now, we'll just love them as much as we can and hope for the best.

11 Comments:

  • At 4:07 PM, Blogger StarfishMom said…

    Do the best you can.

     
  • At 7:40 PM, Blogger Happy Mama to Three said…

    Love them the best you can is pretty much the only plan you have. I have to wonder though how the SW managed to misread 3.5 years old and 2 years old.

    Poor babies being moved so much. That can inspire aggressiveness regardless of their natural tendencies. Hopefully that will mean that the aggressiveness starts to disappear with a taste of security.

    Good Luck and here's a little extra love for your boys. The established two and the two who've just joined in.

    Cindi

     
  • At 8:01 PM, Blogger Sparks said…

    Thats a lot of information to "forget".. There is a big difference between 2 and 3.5 years.
    Things will get better after adjusting to the new home. Everything takes some time. They probably don't know what to think with being moved so much.
    Hoping that things work out with these two. Good luck and just love on them!!

     
  • At 10:07 AM, Blogger bloggingmomto2 said…

    Happy Mother's Day!
    I hope hings aren't too crazy for you today. :)

     
  • At 11:07 AM, Blogger Megamom said…

    Happy Mothers Day!

     
  • At 1:37 PM, Blogger Foster Mom to Many said…

    The placement workers used to do that to us on purpose. They'd tell us a child was a year old with no issues and we'd be the second placement. Then the social worker would show to drop the child off and the child would be 3 years old, severely delayed with attachment issues and we'd be placement number 9! Happened so many times that I stopped counting. Good luck with the new placement and Happy Mother's Day!

     
  • At 3:04 PM, Blogger StarfishMom said…

    Curious to know how it's going. I have been keeping you in my prayers. Is Smiley adjusting well??? Are the boys a handful??? Hope all is well.

     
  • At 6:27 PM, Blogger Amanda said…

    I hope that everyone is starting to settle in now.

    Sorry you got misinformation - that is so unfair.

     
  • At 10:37 PM, Blogger JUST A MOM said…

    I am sorry hang in there,,,, the system sucks

     
  • At 2:51 PM, Blogger GLouise said…

    How's everything going? Hope you had a good MDay!

     
  • At 9:57 PM, Blogger Jessa Fee said…

    IMHO age and behavior are important information for CW's to get right, and I would be irked, too. You have a great attitude but sound tired. Sending you lots of strength and support!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home