Lilypie 2nd Birthday Ticker

You Could Always Adopt. . .

Adopted 3 boys out of foster care, then got pregnant for my beautiful daughter, now currently pregnant again with twins.

Monday, May 05, 2008

My Scare for the Day

As I pull into daycare, I see a car in the parking lot belonging to child services. I begin to worry that a girl I knew might have been taken into care(grandma that was caring for her died and grandpa now raising her and her sister, doesn't have much family support, but doing the best he can). I walk in and am signaled by the daycare owner to come back where I see the investigator(I've met her a couple times before) with a paper with a report of child abuse with Smiley's name on it.

My heart sank and I started to shake.

Me: "what's wrong"

Investigator: I need to talk to you, can I get your number and address?

Me: (giving information)...WHAT'S WRONG??

Investigator: If you'd like, we can go outside and talk.

Me: (outside) What's wrong (trembling and terrified)

Investigator: We received a report that Smiley was in a carseat that kept tipping over and isolated from the other children.

Me: What!! My carseat is in secure...I'll show you (I begin walking to my car).

Investigator: No, the report isn't against you, it's against the daycare. They denied it but want to know what you think.

Me: It can't be true. They have always taken excellent care of all my foster children.

Investigator: Oh you're a foster parent? Is he a foster child?

Me: Not anymore, we adopted him in Nov.

Investigator: That's right...Smiley...I remember him.

Anyway, turns out day care owner fired a lady last week because she didn't like the way she was treating some of the kids. This lady is none other than stepson's mom's cousin, so it all makes sense now.

I told the investigator we fought so long to adopt him, I always fear being investigated for false accusations.

My heart is still racing. Scared the hell out of me. Hugged Smiley a little tighter tonight.

Btw, the boys will be arriving Fri. They also have an older sister that is 4, that we may consider taken if her current foster family cannot adopt her. I will not break the family bond they have just to put the siblings together though.

9 Comments:

  • At 6:55 PM, Blogger Queen of the House said…

    Oh my gosh how scary!!

    About the boys, congratulations that's so exciting. How long have they been in care? I think it's admirable that you don't want to break the bond the girl has with her current foster parents so she can be with her brothers.

     
  • At 7:58 AM, Blogger Julie said…

    UGH!!!!!!!!!! scares me- so glad that was all it was- and that Smiley was safe- but boy you have a small world over there!!!

    Exciting - new boys!!!

     
  • At 11:52 AM, Blogger Sparks said…

    I would of been freaking out! WOW!! Thank goodness everything was okay with Smiley.

    Thats great the boys will be there on Friday. Should make for a good weekend!

     
  • At 6:33 PM, Blogger katd said…

    How scary! Glad to hear everything was okay!

     
  • At 9:32 PM, Blogger Happy Mama to Three said…

    I think I would have had a heart attack before I could have the whole conversation. I am ever so glad that Smiley is okay and that there is no other complaint. How long did it take for you heart to stop pounding?

    Now that you are breathing a little more normally. are you thrilled about the newest little additions? I so admire and respect you for needing in your own heart to give these children their family connection. I know it would be another responsibility on you but if their sister was able to join them it would be an incredible gift. So frequently children are forever torn apart in the foster care system.

    Two new little people. Have you chosen their "screen" names? Can't wait until we get to meet them with you.

    Cindi

     
  • At 1:37 PM, Blogger bloggingmomto2 said…

    Are you getting excited? The boys will soon be arriving. :)
    I'm excited for you!

     
  • At 8:07 PM, Blogger Foster Mom to Many said…

    I just read your whole blog in a few hours and I identify so much with the stuff you have gone through. We've been through much of the same stuff during our years of fostering.

    We had a false allegation made against us by our adopted son's daycare, it was a retaliation for a report I made against a teacher. That was one of the scariest days of my life, thankfully the report was quickly decided to be unfounded! Glad everything turned out okay for you.

     
  • At 8:58 PM, Blogger JUST A MOM said…

    I will only say PRAYERS!

     
  • At 6:13 PM, Blogger Michelle said…

    That IS scary. Im glad he was ok...It is so hard to trust people to care for your child and then things like this happen...Congrats on the new placements!!! I hope everything goes well for you!!!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home