Lilypie 2nd Birthday Ticker

You Could Always Adopt. . .

Adopted 3 boys out of foster care, then got pregnant for my beautiful daughter, now currently pregnant again with twins.

Tuesday, April 29, 2008

Princess

I received a card in the mail today (I have a P.O box). It was from Princess' mom. It was a thank you card. She has been home since Nov., working and doing well.

While I'm glad to hear she's doing well, I'm a bit disturbed at such a short sentence for armed robbery. She left a number for us to call. I'm considering it. If you've read my blog you'll know that we have a rather good relationship considering the circumstances. When I met her, I choose(had to have been God working through me though) to forgive her instead of being angry at her. In this strange way there's a bond. We both lost our daughter we loved so dearly. I felt this urge that I needed to help her, though I didn't know how. Sometimes, I think she is the only one who will truly understand my loss.

I may write her back by letter. I just don't know what to say, but in a weird way, dying to talk to her.

In other news, we're having some more serious problems with K and not sure if the placement will work out.

Prognosis from Smiley's teacher is not good. He has made very little progress in the last year. His teacher also mentioned the daycare workers saying they weren't sure how much longer they'd be able to meet his needs. They haven't talked to us directly. I'm terrified at the thought of him getting to the point where I can't care for him. It's no problem now that he's still young, but when he gets older I don't know what I'll do if he doesn't progress. I know it's still a long way off and miracles can happen, but reality is starting to hit me.


As you can can, our family could use some prayers for guidance now.

4 Comments:

  • At 4:23 PM, Blogger JUST A MOM said…

    BIG PRAYERS!!!! hang in there and follow your heart. Sorry bout K. but do NOT wait any longer then your heart says to.

     
  • At 6:25 PM, Blogger StarfishMom said…

    I know you may think it is easy for these words to roll of my tongue...but God has a plan. Seek HIS will and when you have peace you'll know you're doing the right thing. These are THE hardest word for me to hear (and share) but God has you, and Smiley and K ALL in the palm of HIS hand. Be at peace. Praying for you here in NY.

     
  • At 7:29 AM, Blogger Amanda said…

    Hang in there, L. You all have come through so much already - you're so strong!!! I'm sorry that you're not getting a break, but I'm still REALLY hoping you will soon.

     
  • At 12:12 PM, Blogger Happy Mama to Three said…

    I am so sorry that K's placement might be in jeopardy. It is horrible to find yourself in that situation. Just love him all you can. I know you will make good decisions.

    Smiley is so absolutely beautiful. You are both so lucky to have found each other. Sometimes evaluations of your little people aren't as dire as the "experts" say.

    You are in my prayers.

    Cindi

     

Post a Comment

<< Home