Lilypie 2nd Birthday Ticker

You Could Always Adopt. . .

Adopted 3 boys out of foster care, then got pregnant for my beautiful daughter, now currently pregnant again with twins.

Thursday, April 17, 2008

It's my foster kids

I had this suspicion when my principal told me she couldn't rehire me next year. I didn't ask why because I knew it was personal. Today confirmed this at our lunch table conversation.

Teachers were discussing the kids in the polygamist colony that were taken. I mentioned that it's a shame the state will probably send them all back to continue to get abused. Then my principal makes this remark to me:

WELL, YOU'RE NOT GONNA TAKE ALL 400 OF THEM ARE YOU?

I should have said something along the lines of, "Well, if I was fortunate enough to have a house like yours, I would have." or "How many are you gonna help? Just the one downstairs bedroom in your house I saw will hold 3 kids."

This wasn't the first, When Missy came she said, "so...you have three kids now."

Before we took K and we were gonna put him in school with me she asked, "Are you sure you want to take him?"

When we someone got on the subject about Princess dying, her remark was, "Well, you knew she was sick right."

I know I don't need to work in a place like that. I'm counting down the days.

16 Comments:

  • At 3:33 PM, Blogger Julie said…

    Sounds like an ignorant boss, you are probably better off in the long run without her. I had one who acted like she was doing me a great favor letting me go after having my daughter so I could "stay home and collect unemployment". Oh well, we have gotten certified and are waiting for placement of a little boy that is severely medically disabled.

     
  • At 4:11 PM, Blogger Michelle said…

    Thats horrible. I dont blame you for wanting to get the heck out of there!!! Its too bad you cant nail her for discrimination. I mean would she act that way if a teacher had 3 BIOLOGICAL children???
    Michelle
    My Chosen Child
    http://mychosenchild.wordpress.com

     
  • At 5:24 PM, Blogger Ms. J said…

    The only response I have to this contains a flurry of expletives.

    Sending you luv instead. You're a class act, with an enormous heart. Thank you for both.

     
  • At 5:26 PM, Blogger TeamWinks said…

    If that's the case, I'll be counting with you. That's just plain judgemental of her.

     
  • At 8:20 PM, Blogger Runergirl said…

    You never told me the princess comment, now I REALLY, REALLY HATE the BITCH!!!!

     
  • At 8:44 PM, Blogger Awesome Mom said…

    Sheesh! She sounds like a person that should not be working with kids.

     
  • At 9:21 AM, Blogger Amanda said…

    Wow, I hope my kids will have a principal like that.

    Sorry, L.

     
  • At 10:27 AM, Blogger katd said…

    That is absolutely disgusting. I don't blame you one bit for counting the days down. I'll count with you! :)

     
  • At 12:39 PM, Blogger Tamara said…

    From one woman who had to leave her job to another FABULOUS woman about to leave hers: "You WIN! You are ESCAPING! Celebrate these days - great things are on the horizon." I'm so glad God got me out of my horrible office and horrible boss. I'm happy for you, too (not for the loss of income, or the teaching I know you love - but for getting rid of the crap-ola). Hugs~

     
  • At 5:01 PM, Blogger happyadoptingmom said…

    Praying for you as you deal with ignorance. Thank God the year is almost over. I know God has big things in store for you. I can not wait to read about them.

     
  • At 11:52 PM, Blogger JUST A MOM said…

    oh I am so late I am so sorry,, I am so mad can I beat her face in??? Christian people are the meanest I have found. I worked in a christian school my self and yes they are very mean and funny thing I had or 3 foster before we adopted girls in that school and I pretty much after 3 years got the same boot.. huh have they read a scripture I missed? hang in there I think I would walk now but that is me.

     
  • At 8:22 AM, Blogger Michelle said…

    That is horrible! I am so sorry...what is wrong with people?? I have gotten comments like that too...and it is unbelievable.

     
  • At 11:31 AM, Blogger Carrie said…

    People just don't think before they open their mouths. Or else they just don't care.
    How rude, either way.
    Sounds like it will be a blessing when you're done working there.

     
  • At 12:57 PM, Blogger bloggingmomto2 said…

    So what are you planning?
    Applying for new teaching jobs?
    What does your hubby do?
    Praying for you!

     
  • At 9:14 PM, Blogger Overwhelmed! said…

    Wow, what an insensitive lot of people you work with. I'm sorry! People that aren't fostering sometimes just don't get it.

     
  • At 8:43 PM, Blogger GLouise said…

    Wow, that is just awful to hear, especially coming from someone who works in education and supposedly loves kids. Blech!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home