Lilypie 2nd Birthday Ticker

You Could Always Adopt. . .

Adopted 3 boys out of foster care, then got pregnant for my beautiful daughter, now currently pregnant again with twins.

Sunday, May 04, 2008

Boys

Well, first I let out something about the conversation with Princess' mom. She said she was clean, but her speech was slurred and L could here it and wasn't even on the phone with her. I don't know if that means she was lying, or her voice is permantly like that for years of using. I will give her a follow up call in two weeks to check on her. I pray she really turns it around.

Well, we got a call for 2 boys, age 2 and 7 mos. Mom has repeatedly been testing positive for mom. Boys are with grandma, but she cannot adopt them. Great grandma(she's 68) just started the paperwork for an out of state homestudy to take them. After some thought, we decided not to take them. We really want a girl.

Friday(the next day), we got a call for another 2 boys, age 2 and 1. Mom has just been sentenced to 15 mos, and hasn't done a bit of her caseplan and dad wants nothing to do with them. They want them moved from a foster to adoptive home so they can go for TPR. We decided to take them. If we get a girl or newborn later, we'll take it too. Hey we are crazy since we're foster parents.

The boys should be here by the end of the week. Help!! I'm seriously outnumbered.

8 Comments:

  • At 5:06 PM, Blogger Queen of the House said…

    Yay!! Boys are great. We had 3 boys before we got our princess and let me tell you, boys are MUCH easier. (((HUGS))) You'll have your hands full with 3 toddlers though, how exciting. :-)

     
  • At 6:06 PM, Blogger Ms. J said…

    Congrats on the pending lil' guys! I am looking forward to hearing about this new adventure.

    Is there anything we can do to help out here in the blogosphere?

     
  • At 6:59 PM, Blogger happyadoptingmom said…

    Congratulations!!!! Enjoy your 3 boys.

     
  • At 5:45 AM, Blogger StarfishMom said…

    I'm jealous!!! Enjoy them for me. I know you want your girl but it IS always nice to have older brothers. :) Be patient!!! And yes...you are just another crazy foster parent.

     
  • At 9:46 AM, Blogger bloggingmomto2 said…

    How great this will be for Smiley!
    Yipee!!
    Is K ready for so many little ones?? :)

     
  • At 10:36 AM, Blogger Sparks said…

    Yeah! I'm so happy for you guys. You will have so much fun with all of them.. And Smiley is going to love it. How is things going with K?

     
  • At 1:14 PM, Blogger MommyNay said…

    So awesome! I have to tell you we wanted BOYS so bad! We now have FOUR daughters! I have no idea how that happen *wink* I had heard so much talk about everyone wanting girls and how long the wait was for girls and I kept saying--thats fine by me I want the BOYS. I guess god had other plans for us! I wouldnt trade my girls for the world---well maybe for a....... j/k
    GL and CONGRATS! I am so so happy for you!

     
  • At 3:06 PM, Blogger Lisa said…

    happyadoptingmom,

    they will make 4 boys, not 3. Actually 5 counting stepson.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home