Lilypie 2nd Birthday Ticker

You Could Always Adopt. . .

Adopted 3 boys out of foster care, then got pregnant for my beautiful daughter, now currently pregnant again with twins.

Sunday, January 13, 2008

Accident

Anyone hear of that 50 car pileup near Tampa, FL? Stepson was in that accident. He didn't wear a seatbelt and went through tbe windsheild. His head got pretty banged up. Yesterday morning he had bleeding from the brain and had to have a 5 hour operation, which ended up taking 8 hours. He's stable. Not sure when L will be healthy enough to travel there. His ex also had her baby girl the day before, and her other child is sick too.

I've been having really bad headaches, but I also stopped the BCP this week, so maybe they're related, or it's stress. I had an appointment tomorrow, but gonna have to cancel because need to take Smiley back to the doctor. He's been fighting a cold about a month(already took him in once). He's on breathing treatments but still not sounding good.

In other adoption news, Smiley's bio mom's friend is pg. They just tpr'd her other three children and she "may"(possibly) let us adopt it rather that letting her baby go into the system. It's a longshot though, but we'll see. We met her visiting Smiley's mom and she seemed impressed that we were kind enough to let Smiley visit her.

Someone L knows is pastor of a church opening an orphanage in Peru, so that could be a remote possiblity too.

I'm not saying we won't take anymore from the state, but I'm really hoping to have a baby and it be legally mine. The waiting and worrying is starting to wear me down, especially after the situation with Bubbles.

11 Comments:

  • At 5:45 PM, Blogger Rachel said…

    My goodness, what a bout of bad luck! Here's hoping you and yours have turned the corner ...

     
  • At 7:38 PM, Blogger KrazyMom said…

    I hope your step son is recovering well. Please keep us updated. Your new year is not off to a great start, but I have a feeling things will turn around for you soon! I am glad to read that you may have some possible adoption leads. Waiting is the worst!

     
  • At 5:48 AM, Blogger TeamWinks said…

    I just don't know what to say L.

    I'm sorry about all the difficult stuff, and hopeful for the good.

     
  • At 8:43 AM, Blogger Julie said…

    Praying for step son-! and baby situations- and Smiley!! Hope all gets better soon!

     
  • At 10:03 AM, Blogger Happy Mama to Three said…

    All I can say is you are in my thoughts and prayers. If it isn't one thing it's a thousand. I so hope that everyone's health improves. I read about that accident, how horrible for everyone affected by it.

    Cindi

     
  • At 11:28 AM, Blogger Unknown said…

    Catching up on your posts and it's quite sad. I also have a crappy worker, although not as bad as your sounds, but I understand the helplessness you feel about the situation.
    Glad to read Smiley is doing so well, and hope your step-son continues his recovery so someone can then kick his butt for not wearing a seat belt in the first place!

     
  • At 6:05 PM, Blogger Lisa said…

    I also heard through the grapevine Smiley's bio mom thinks she may be pg...who knows..

     
  • At 6:09 AM, Blogger Amanda said…

    Oh my goodness. I am so sorry about this avalanche of crappy luck.

     
  • At 4:00 PM, Blogger JUST A MOM said…

    So sorry about hte kido man that stinks hope he is alright.. Hang in there with the baby too...

     
  • At 8:06 AM, Blogger Julie said…

    How is everyone??

     
  • At 7:28 PM, Blogger AA said…

    Oh my gosh, horrible stuff mixed in with maybe hopeful stuff. I hope stepson is okay. Who doesn't wear a seatbelt and make their kids wear a seatbelt in this day and age? Poor kid and poor mom, seems she has had a tough week.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home