Lilypie 2nd Birthday Ticker

You Could Always Adopt. . .

Adopted 3 boys out of foster care, then got pregnant for my beautiful daughter, now currently pregnant again with twins.

Thursday, June 07, 2007

Screwed Again By Infertility

I was denied for my individual health insurance policy because of previous history. I thought they denied me because of endometriosis. Of course not...why did they deny me coverage??

INFERTILITY!

What the hell!! They don't even cover infertility or anything they think is related to infertility. I've never had them pay a dime for infertility related treatments!

They are denying me coverage because I'm infertile! It's bad enough they don't cover it, but now won't write me a policy because I am infertile!

Yes, I'm sure I could fight it, but it's just easier(although more expensive) to pay for the cobra plan for July and my new group policy will go into effect at the beginning of August.

So, now my unused vacation pay will have to go to the cobra plan instead of having an extra check before I wouldn't be working the next 2 months(although I'm employed and under contract, no check til end of August).

Why should infertility affect you getting health insurance if they don't pay for the shit anyway!

In other news, I spoke to Bubbles' CASA worker and "dad" was arrested again for getting in a fight a few weeks ago and social services doesn't even know.

Smiley's TPR hearing is supposed to be next week, but we will see.

10 Comments:

  • At 11:58 AM, Blogger Julie said…

    I guess Social services will find out now that Casa knows right? I am praying for Smiley's TPR- I am so hoping that it happens this time!!!

     
  • At 12:58 PM, Blogger GLouise said…

    Is that legal to deny someone because of infertility??? How crazy!
    Can you get them to send you a letter STATING that? I thought that part of HIPAA was all about maintaining your "insurability" so that you don't end up without insurance cvg. GRRRR!

     
  • At 2:49 PM, Blogger TeamWinks said…

    That irritates me on your behalf. Denied coverage, because you're infertile. Utter crap.

     
  • At 3:05 PM, Blogger meliarobin said…

    Can you get on your husband's insurance for that one month cheaper?

     
  • At 3:51 PM, Blogger happyadoptingmom said…

    WHAT???? No insurance because of infertility. I have never heard of such an absurd policy. Our Cobra works that you can pay anytime in the 90 days and it is retroactive. So we only pay if we need it. Check and see if yours works that way. Maybe you can save a few bucks using the wait and see technique.

     
  • At 4:32 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    My brother just went to the ER for an infection and even though he was between jobs, just paid the Cobra retroactively, like the last post said. Check and see if that's a possibility (quietly) first and then pay if you need to! I'm sure with the kids, your responsible self tells you that you need insurance at all times.

     
  • At 4:25 AM, Blogger Unknown said…

    That is insane! Especially if they don't cover it anyways. I think it is stupid that you can be denied HEALTH insurance for having a HEALTH related issue in the first place.... but that is just plain ridiculous.

     
  • At 9:26 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    chiming in on the cobra retroactive, yes! don't pay unless you need it.

     
  • At 8:09 PM, Blogger owlfan said…

    We did the retroactive Cobra too - I left my job and DH's new job (as a teacher) didn't start health insurance for a month after he started working.

    I think I paid out of pocket for one prescription for the 2 months. Otherwise I never needed the coverage, so I didn't pay.

     
  • At 1:07 PM, Blogger KrazyMom said…

    That is ridiculous! As if you haven't been through enough! It's just sad that you have to fight with insurance companies for everything. My doctor had ordered genetics testings for my hubby and I after several lost babies and our insurance covered mine 100% (because I was the mother) but would not cover one penny of my husbands...duh, he is the father! It is horrible the things we have to go through for medical insurance!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home