Lilypie 2nd Birthday Ticker

You Could Always Adopt. . .

Adopted 3 boys out of foster care, then got pregnant for my beautiful daughter, now currently pregnant again with twins.

Friday, May 25, 2007

Baptismal Meeting

We attended the Baptism class for our church last night for Smiley. We know he's not "ours" yet, but we want to have everything complete so when we get to the point where the preist agrees to do the baptism(probably after TPR), he won't have to wait any longer. Of course, we were surround by pregnant women, which sucked a lot. It never quits hurting seeing pregnant women and knowing they can just decide to have children and it happens naturally.

I did go into a giggling spell at the video. They showed a baptism of a naked baby dipping it into the water. The teacher said they don't do that anymore, just pour water over that head. Anyway, I held myself back from blurting out, "Smiley would have peed in there!" Ok, I'm bad, but when I suffer sleep deprivation, I have giggling spells(so bad my eyes tear up), then before a super grump! L got to see the grump after we picked the babies up and it was nearly 9:00(my bedtime), and I still had to put the babies to bed, make bottles and shower. I was irritated because he was supposed to pick the kids up earlier and feed them, but got tied up doing something else.

I got home at 5:30, ate while giving Bubbles a bottle and L tube feeding Smiley(when we're in a hurry). I changed them into their jammies, dropped them off at MIL's and made it to church by 6:30!

Anyway, if TPR happens in June, like it's supposed to, we MAY be able to have him baptized in June!

5 Comments:

  • At 8:09 AM, Blogger TeamWinks said…

    That would be wonderful for you guys!

     
  • At 9:02 AM, Blogger JUST A MOM said…

    that is cool,,, we had our babies DEDACITED at our church when we had them. It was in their own name to lift them to God and watch wehre their lives went, I hope you get to get him done soon.

     
  • At 10:05 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    You can always baptize or dedicate them on your own while they are your foster kids. I know that isn't keeping with catholic tradition but I know many people who do it. It's actallu quite beautiful when it is done in a lake or at the beach! :)
    Jesus is with us everywhere!!!!

     
  • At 10:24 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    They baptize naked babies at our church and I ALWAYS wait to see if the boys are going to pee! Haven't seen it yet!

     
  • At 4:27 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    The baptism will be a beautiful moment for your family. I still tear up when I think about Toots' and Noodles' baptisms.

    Have a great weekend.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home