Lilypie 2nd Birthday Ticker

You Could Always Adopt. . .

Adopted 3 boys out of foster care, then got pregnant for my beautiful daughter, now currently pregnant again with twins.

Thursday, May 17, 2007

Eight

First, a couple small updates:

1. Bubbles visit was cancelled because parenting classes were running late into the visit time. The good news is they are starting now, so hopefully her case won't drag out too terribly long. If she has a safe place to go, the sooner the better for her. There's no excuse for me not being notified though.

2. L went to a meeting for Smiley today. Bio mom is currently out of state(supposed to be back next week, but who knows). The meeting was real quick...case plan is adoption! Smiley's visits will not be scheduled again until it is confirmed that she is back home.

Now, you're wondering...what do I mean by eight? Supervisor told L there is a sibling set of 8 that may come into care today, poor prognosis and asked if we could take a couple of them. When he asked what age, she asked, "what age do you want?" Please pray that the right decision is made for these children and for their safety if they remain in the home.

I'm picturing in my mind how many bedrooms I'd need to keep them all. Of course, they know they can't place them together so they already decided to place them separately.

In another story, we almost got called for an adorable 1 yr old baby boy, but we're stuck by the "no more than 2 in diapers" rule. I know it can be waived, but probably easily found another home for the little guy. Smiley would have a ball with a 1 yr old brother!

I really pray I am not missing other adoption opportunities having Bubbles. It's out of my hands!

7 Comments:

  • At 12:08 PM, Blogger JUST A MOM said…

    You never know just what is in God's thought prosess. Enjoy what you have while you have them. I always got myself into more trouble emotional wise with my "THINKING OR FIGURING OUT" things. Have a great weekend.

     
  • At 2:56 PM, Blogger x said…

    Sometimes I'm amazed at the number of calls you do get for children. They must think alot of the home that you and L can provide. Eight kids - wow, that's alot!

     
  • At 4:49 PM, Blogger Amanda said…

    I can't even imagine how hard it most be to find a home / homes for 8 kids.

    You do get a lot of calls. I'm sure that you'll keep getting them after Bubbles goes home.

     
  • At 6:53 AM, Blogger No Longer In Crisis said…

    EIGHT - HOLY COW!!!

     
  • At 7:34 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    L- I am afraid you will start to resent Bubbles b/c she isn't your forever child & you want your forever daughter so badly. Just keep remembering she is with you for a reason...His reason! God has a plan for you and your family. He won't let you down. You will not be punished for loving Bubbles with all you heart by missing out on another child. You are so full of love and this little girl needs you. Your earthly reward is just around the corner.

     
  • At 8:19 AM, Blogger Julie said…

    oh my! does bubbles have a Casa worker?

     
  • At 7:05 AM, Blogger Jo said…

    I know exactly how you feel. We got a call for a 6 & 4 yr old last week. We also have our profile sent to a birth mom that is due in July. I have the same thoughts about what if we take the 6&4 yr old and then the birth mom chooses us for the baby and we can't take it because we have the other 2 for adoption.

    At one point, we had 3 in diapers (age 21 months, 21 months and 9 months). OUr county is hurting so bad for foster parents that they don't have any rules about how many kids you can have at a certain age - just can't go over your total limit you are licensed for.

    Can I get invited to Princess's palace? jodyeichhorn(at)hotmail(dot)com

    Thanks.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home