Lilypie 2nd Birthday Ticker

You Could Always Adopt. . .

Adopted 3 boys out of foster care, then got pregnant for my beautiful daughter, now currently pregnant again with twins.

Saturday, May 19, 2007

Panel

I know I'm tagged again, and I'll try and work on that soon.

It's been a long weekend. Yesterday, I go to drop the kids off at daycare and someone meets me outside saying two of the teachers(both my kids' teachers) are working but have the stomach virus. I decided no way I was leaving them, and called into work. I don't think they were too happy, but it's either one day to prevent getting sick or 2-3 days off next week getting my family through the stomach virus. Vomiting is scary in babies.

Now, I didn't get a break because Bubbles had her stupid W*IC appointment which took a little over 2 hours. Yes, I gave in and did it, but don't know if I will again. I may just save a few extra cans for when she goes home.

This morning, L and I were invited to speak at the panel for the final foster parent class. MIL kept both babies so we got the day to ourselves! I don't know if we'll be invited back because we told them honestly things they didn't want them to know. We probably will though. Our worker is just awesome! I really enjoyed it. I hope I was able to help some other families.

After class, we went to visit Princess' grave since we were in the area. I was saddened to see she had a new neighbor. Someone else lost their baby recently too.

I am sick, exhausted and Bubbles doesn't want to nap(Smiley's napping) so I'm in hear typing trying to entertain her. At least she's happy most of the time.

5 Comments:

  • At 4:42 PM, Blogger JUST A MOM said…

    OH I hated WIC,, they would have us take the kids down "just to keep in teh system" What ever. We were asked to do one of them there meetings,, I said NO cause I was afraid of just what I would say.

     
  • At 7:09 PM, Blogger GLouise said…

    Ooh, would love to hear some of the tips you gave in your panel discussion!!!

     
  • At 8:21 PM, Blogger Unknown said…

    Could I please be invited and get the password to the palace? lorimatthews@twlakes.net. Thanks

     
  • At 9:36 AM, Blogger TeamWinks said…

    Glad to hear you were honest at the panel night. It's important people know what they are signing up for. Information is a good thing. :-) I'm sure you did a great job!

     
  • At 3:11 PM, Blogger Kathy said…

    After taking foster care classes this weekend, I think it's great that you were there to tell an honest view of what to expect. Our teacher was great, and she was also very honest too. It would've been really nice to have an actual foster care couple come talk to us though. I wish we could've had you at our class :) I bet you were awesome!

    BTW - The classes really helped us to see what foster care families go through/deal with, and what amazing people they are. I have A LOT of respect for foster parents, even more so after taking the classes.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home