Lilypie 2nd Birthday Ticker

You Could Always Adopt. . .

Adopted 3 boys out of foster care, then got pregnant for my beautiful daughter, now currently pregnant again with twins.

Sunday, May 06, 2007

Knocked Down

I know I've been rather quiet the last week and bad about leaving comments, but I haven't forgotten ya'll, and all the support. This week has really kicked my ass emotionally. I have been "hanging in there" and keeping hope because I knew one really great thing was supposed to happen last week.

Smiley was supposed to have his TPR hearing this week. The one good thing I really needed to happen to get me out of my slump was for Smiley to finally be freed for adoption. With his case still dragging and the uncertainty with Bubbles is really driving me crazy!

I have this special little boy who's been in care 18 months and still isn't any closer to permanancy. I have this precious baby girl that they want to send back to a bad situation and are ignoring her health needs. Bubbles is all cleaned up and finally thriving and she may have to go back to a bad place.

She's laughing at me from her swing behind the computer. She just wants to make sure I turn my head to acknowledge her cuteness.

I can't really describe the feeling, but when I'm not busy caring for my babies, I just feel kinda knocked down and can't concentrate.

Well it's pointless to worry and hopefully I'll snap out of it soon.

Must go cuddle my little cutie that's waiting for my attention. Thank goodness for my babies to keep my sanity!

10 Comments:

  • At 1:26 PM, Blogger Amanda said…

    With everything that you've been through lately, it would be weird if you weren't feeling this way. I really hope (for everyone's sake) that Bubble's situation is looked at very closely.

    Any word on when the new TPR trial will be scheduled?

     
  • At 1:40 PM, Blogger GLouise said…

    Oh honey, I am thinking of you. I am sure that this emotional rollercoaster sure is exhausting.

    Why does it seem like TPRs get rescheduled/cancelled/postponed so many times?

    I was just cleaning out my emails the other day and found about 100 Prayer request emails from a dear friend who was able to adopt her foster daughter from the system...but it took a while. It seemed like every other email was "Tpr rescheduled." She was able to adopt, but it took a little longer than they had hoped.

    I am hoping that you'll get some refreshment and renewing today for the week ahead...

     
  • At 2:14 PM, Blogger mommiebear2 said…

    I hope things get better for you soon sweetie.

     
  • At 3:15 PM, Blogger JUST A MOM said…

    HEY GIRL remember I waited for God to keep my babies in my home for 10 years.. I know it sucks,, I am praying for you.

     
  • At 3:21 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    And that is why we do this...b/c you love them and you are willing to go through all the emotions involved.

    "God only chooses a special few and your children are so thankful...He chose YOU!"

     
  • At 3:33 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    With Love.. you can change the world! And your love is making a difference in those babies lives. Hang in there. There is a rainbow and and a purpose.

     
  • At 5:19 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Pray for a miracle---for 2 miracles---named Smiley & Bubbles!

    Dear Father we pray that it is in Your will that Smiley & Bubbles both remain in the safe loving arms of Lisa...forever. If You have other plans we pray for their safety and that you will provide angels to surround them at all times. In Jesus Name we pray!

     
  • At 7:42 AM, Blogger Julie said…

    I hear you- it is tough to deal with the system when they are making such INSANE decisions. and they do it ALL THE TIME! I am praying for your little family- "one day at a time" that is all we can really handle- look at- deal with. I try to keep my focus there as I can't control anything with these children- I can love them one day at a time!!

     
  • At 8:54 AM, Blogger Sandra said…

    I completely understand your frustration. Having been through the legal risk foster to adoption process 4 times, it is very frustrating. Sometimes we win, sometimes we lose, and sometimes we end up in court for 2 more years on an appeal.

    Don't loose faith. I've always told my 5 beautiful adopted children who all started out as wards of the state, that God had a plan for them long before they were born, and the He knew all along I was supposed to be their mommy...

    You too will share this joy...keep the faith!

     
  • At 12:35 PM, Blogger Runergirl said…

    Maybe you are down, but you are definitely not out! I know that this last week has been a horrible disappointment but I pormise it will get better, even if I have to show up at court myself!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home