Lilypie 2nd Birthday Ticker

You Could Always Adopt. . .

Adopted 3 boys out of foster care, then got pregnant for my beautiful daughter, now currently pregnant again with twins.

Tuesday, May 08, 2007

Alcohol!

I forgot to tell you about Smiley's visit last week. His bio mom was inspecting the damage to his privates from surgery and said, "you need to clean it off with some alcohol!" OUCH! I mean, my little guy has a high pain tolerance but I'm sure that would have made him start screaming pretty loud.

One more funny thing. Our favorite worker in our parish got promoted to Witch's(princess' worker's supervisor) job in another parish. I'll miss her but glad she got promoted. She is an EXCELLENT worker. I'll call her P.

So yesterday, I get this phone call from her. Try to imagine what is going through my head as we talk:

P: Hi L, how are you?

Me: Fine, You?

P: Great...hey I already talked to L(thinking what has L agreed to now) and he wanted me to ask you a question?

Me: (thinking, how old? What sex? How many? What health problems?) Ok what do you need?

P: I just needed to know the day Princess was put into your care.

Me: Jan 25

P: I think that's all I needed, Thank you.

Me: Your welcome, call me if you have any other questions.

Isn't it crazy how we always think the worst when a worker calls? I was kinda scared L had agreed to take a kid out of our age range and she was just getting me approval.

3 Comments:

  • At 9:21 AM, Blogger JUST A MOM said…

    PLEASE excuse me for laughing I so remember them phone calls. Your heart starts to race you feel week at thte knees. Yep remember them well.

     
  • At 3:30 PM, Blogger Kathy said…

    I'm a newer reader to your blog. Thank you for sharing your experiences with foster care. You're in my prayers.

    BTW - I tagged you, you can find out the details on my blog.

     
  • At 7:41 AM, Blogger GLouise said…

    Alcohol! Owwie!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home