Lilypie 2nd Birthday Ticker

You Could Always Adopt. . .

Adopted 3 boys out of foster care, then got pregnant for my beautiful daughter, now currently pregnant again with twins.

Saturday, March 17, 2007

Mmm...Crawfish!

I know I bitch a lot about living in this little small coon ass town, but it has its advantages...crawfish! Having access to fresh seafood is one of the advantages of living "down the bayou." There is actually a house for sale "on the bayou" I'm bugging L to set up for us to look at. It would be nice, but don't think the mosquitos would be too nice.

Someone gave L a sack of crawfish so we had us a nice crawfish boil. Yummy. Since I'm not pregnant, washed them down with a nice margarita. Ok, so crawfish are supposed to go with beer, but I never developed a taste for beer.

Of course, now I have tons of leftover crawfish to peel, so I will be spending some time peeling tomorrow, so I can have some to make a stew, and may have enough for L's mom to make him a fetticuni too, or I could batter them up and fry em'.

Oh yeah, did I tell you, Smiley has been saying Mama! More like Ma ma ma ma ma, but he said mama a couple times and raised his arms to me!

Smiley had another bad eating day today. I'm getting so frustrated having such a hard time feeding my baby and finding foods he can tolerate. Hopefully we can get him in for allergy testing soon.

6 Comments:

  • At 9:33 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Oh my gosh, do I miss crawfish! Yum, yum, and yum! Eat a few pounds for me, please! I lived in Louisiana for two years before I was brave enough to try it, but I ate plenty the last two years that I was there to make up for it! :)

    Have you ever had a crawfish philly steak? Sooooo good. Oh man. I might have to book a flight just to get a crawfish fix!

     
  • At 4:25 AM, Blogger Baby Blues said…

    That's so cute of Smiley! Sorry he's in one of his bad eating days. I hope you find something he likes and tolerates.

     
  • At 2:12 PM, Blogger mommiebear2 said…

    Yum yum, I love crawfish! I just found your site through someone elses, you are an amazing person!! I have wanted to be a foster parent for some time now but hubby doesnt think we're ready yet. I love your site!!!

     
  • At 2:13 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    There is nothing better than having your baby say Mama My 16 month old says ma MA My hubby thinks it is so funny as it sounds like he is yelling the second part but I love it anyway. I am praying that smiley will tolerate more food soon. Can you CW ask the bio's if there is any history of certain food allergies in their family? Keep up the good work.

     
  • At 4:45 PM, Blogger Runergirl said…

    I'm just waiting for the crab baby!

     
  • At 10:23 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Does Smiley get ST? Speech Therapy

     

Post a Comment

<< Home