Lilypie 2nd Birthday Ticker

You Could Always Adopt. . .

Adopted 3 boys out of foster care, then got pregnant for my beautiful daughter, now currently pregnant again with twins.

Wednesday, March 07, 2007

Turned Down a Baby Girl

Last week we got a call for a newborn baby girl and what we thought was here 16 yr old sister. They were placed with another worker.

Yesterday, Smileys caseworker calls and begs us to take them again, only now we learn she is the baby's mom, not sister. Apparantly the foster parents got mad at her for throwing the cat out her room, but the cat kept getting in the bassinet with the baby.

Here's the twist though: bio dad is in jail and an Indian. To make a long story short, the tribe's social services can go over the state's head and take the baby, leaving me with a teenager, and both of us with a lost daughter.

Today, they called and asked if we could just take the baby temporarily. I told them we couldn't, not with the tribe involved, plus I think it's wrong to take her from her mommy.

That's all the details I have(and probably more than I should have mentioned), so I can't answer anymore questions.

I just feel like I'm being teased with this baby girl offered to me three times already. With the current information I have now, I just can't.

6 Comments:

  • At 3:14 PM, Blogger GLouise said…

    Oh wow, what a complicated situation! I am sure it was hard to be called three times about the same situation...

     
  • At 5:11 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    God will show you which babies to take. If your gut says no then you need to follow your gut. They will find the right family for these kids hopefully together.

     
  • At 6:06 PM, Blogger Yondalla said…

    A lot of the kids I have dealt with have tribal connections. The tribes have never got involved.

    Of course I understand why you might not want to take this placement. You aren't in this because you wanted to jump to being a grandmother to a baby!

     
  • At 7:20 PM, Blogger Amanda said…

    Well, good for you to sticking to your guns. I have to go with anon and say there must be some reason your gut was telling you no.

     
  • At 8:55 AM, Blogger No Longer In Crisis said…

    Me too - it HAS to be hard. Every placement we turned down has resulted in restless nights for a while. If your heart is in this (DUH!), it tears you up inside. I'm so proud of you for doing what you knew was right for your family.

     
  • At 10:54 PM, Blogger JUST A MOM said…

    I am reading backwards to catch up. I know how hard it must have been to decide.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home