Lilypie 2nd Birthday Ticker

You Could Always Adopt. . .

Adopted 3 boys out of foster care, then got pregnant for my beautiful daughter, now currently pregnant again with twins.

Wednesday, March 14, 2007

Smiley Crawls!!

We have finally hit the crawling milestone. He's been scooting, but tonight he was definately crawling. He's not too fast yet and I'm not having to constantly chase him, but I have a feeling that's coming soon.

Now, if I could only put weight on him. Check out the now pics of Smiley at the palace. Does he look underweight? He's 16 months old now. Am I worrying too much? I've been worried since his last doctor appointment he lost a couple pounds. Dr. put him back on formula but he doesn't like it. Now I find myself trying to find the balance between giving him enough calories between spoon feeding and tube feeding and overfeeding and having him throw up. Tube feeding can be challenging sometimes. Guess I'll make another dr. appointment. I can't wait til he's out of foster care and I don't have to worry about calling the doctor to cover my ass for every little thing.

I feel like a bad mother. Why can't I get any weight on him?

I really hope my next baby comes without a feeding tube.

9 Comments:

  • At 7:16 PM, Blogger MommyNay said…

    My 15month old weighs 21 pounds.
    I would like to be able to visit you at the palace. gilliebean_00 at yahoo dot com

     
  • At 7:44 PM, Blogger Baby Blues said…

    Go Smiley! Crawl Smiley! Crawl! Good luck once you have to start chasing him.

     
  • At 9:37 PM, Blogger Awesome Mom said…

    What is his percentile on the weight chart? That is the best indicator if things are awry. From looking at the pictures he looks pretty good to me. I struggled with weight and my son Evan. At one point he dropped off the charts but now he is back on. I would recommend you trying to see a dietitian. They will be able to give you ideas of things to do to fatten him up some if he needs it.

     
  • At 10:25 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Congratulations on your milestone, Smiley! You'll be into everything before Mommy knows it!

    Once he is mobile, it is even harder to put weight on them. At least, that's been my experience with my 20-month old son. I just keep reading the articles about childhood obesity leading to health problems later in life and telling myself how lucky we are to avoid that problem, at least! :P

    Maybe your doctor could recommend a higher-calorie formula for Smiley? Or you could mix formula powder into his other foods to up their calorie content?

     
  • At 10:49 PM, Blogger JUST A MOM said…

    I think you need a very healthy baby to come into your home. One with less worries. He will fatten up give him soem refried beans! hahaha

     
  • At 11:24 PM, Blogger Amanda said…

    You are SO the exact opposite of a bad mother. I'd say he's looking pretty good, but he's lucky to have someone like you making sure he's OK.

     
  • At 7:31 AM, Blogger Julie said…

    He looks healthy to me! I have heard too that once they are mobile they lose weight- no worries there- they burn more than they take in- the refried beans is actually a good idea- i have a friend who says her daughter was raised on them! ha! No worries- he is looking great- and if he has plenty of energy- then I think your doing good. :)

     
  • At 7:44 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Smooched avacado is GREAT for babies. It is high in fat, but it is the good fat. Eggs, also, great protien, not really a diet food. I don't understand why he is back on formula, regular milk is MADE for fattening calves, why wouldn't it work for the little man?

     
  • At 8:49 AM, Blogger Lisa said…

    He is vomiting pediasure & soy milk. Since pediasure has some milk, I haven't tried regular milk. The formula is the only thing he is tolerating.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home