Lilypie 2nd Birthday Ticker

You Could Always Adopt. . .

Adopted 3 boys out of foster care, then got pregnant for my beautiful daughter, now currently pregnant again with twins.

Friday, March 16, 2007

Allergy Testing

Thank you all so much for the suggestions. L is gonna call and get him set up to get allergy tested. His ENT can do this, so that will save us the hassle of going the the pediatrician for a referal, going to the doctor for a consult, then finally scheduling the testing. Hopefully we can skip to getting him tested. Maybe this will give me a better idea of what foods I can experiment with.

Food allergies combined with feeding difficulties from his cleft palette is making things pretty challenging for me now. He is eating much better by spoon, but still not bottle feeding well, and is worse with the sippy cup.

He is definately doing much better now. We went from straight tube feeding to almost complete feeding by mouth. If I wasn't concerned about adding calories from the formula, I could almost get rid of the feeding tube. Right now it is still my safety net though.

It's strange how he was such a fat baby but now I'm trying to get him to gain some weight.

5 Comments:

  • At 2:52 PM, Blogger Runergirl said…

    Please call me if you want me to go with you or if you need me to suggest any questions or foods to be tested.

     
  • At 2:54 PM, Blogger Runergirl said…

    This comment has been removed by the author.

     
  • At 3:34 AM, Blogger Unknown said…

    Good Morning, it Melanie again, all my children were allergic to milk... my oldest couldn't have anything from a cow so we went with turkey, chicken and lamb baby food... snack pac pudding because they don't have real milk in them and yogurt is easy on the system.. everything you make with milk I just used water, ie.. mashed potatoes, mac and cheese... have you tried silk milk?... they didn't have that out 26 years ago when my oldest was a baby but I heard it is pretty good on the tummy... and he is the only one out of 3 that still can't have any milk products... oatmeal is a good choice also just add juice or pedialite to thin it out... just some suggestions.. .have to run time to get ready for work... hope some of this helps...
    God Bless Melanie

     
  • At 9:24 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    it could be that smiley is just growing up..i looked at his pictures over at the palace and he reminded me a lot of my 16 yr old son. He was a big baby at birth 9lbs and was a big chubby boy until around 12/14 months then he figured out how to run (we went from crawl to run didn't walk much) and the weight just melted off. he went from being chubby to being skinny and he had no eating issues. At 16 he eats like a horse and is still skinny (6'2 140). i would definetly have him tested for allergies but he may just be slimming down and he may be that way for the rest of his life...we always had to buy slims for him...that was until he wanted to "sag"...LOL!!!

     
  • At 11:29 AM, Blogger No Longer In Crisis said…

    Just thought I'd share with you that when Cookie just went to the dr. for the ear infection, she had LOST WEIGHT and the girl can put away some food, now. Doc said its common - that just growing burns up so many calories that parents are often frightened. Cookie weighs 24 pounds at 15 mo., and doc said that's about perfect - it is surprising though, especially considering she BEGS for Baked Lays BBQ chips. Guess she's like me in the same was Smiley's like you!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home