Lilypie 2nd Birthday Ticker

You Could Always Adopt. . .

Adopted 3 boys out of foster care, then got pregnant for my beautiful daughter, now currently pregnant again with twins.

Tuesday, February 27, 2007

Twins??

That got your attention huh?

Before I go on: Yes, we are crazy. No, we are not over losing Princess and will never be. No, they will not replace Princess. Are we ready for this so soon? I don't know, I put it in God's hand and if it's His will, it will happen. Our worker, L and I decided not to put our home on hold, but pray and be selective over possible placements.

Ok, I'm sure most of you skipped that paragraph and want the details. This is a very big IF, because a lot of things would have to fall into place.

Ok, the details

Twin girls

2 months old

One is perfectly healthy. One has a fractured skull but appears to be doing fine and is not hospitalized.

Possible complications:

They are not in our region, so some red tape would have to be cut

Our home development worker will have to sign a waiver for having more than 2 kids under two(which she will).

If it appears to be temporary, we will not accept them. You can bash me for being selfish, but we're not ready for another loss. I know there's never a guarantee, but we're only taking them if they are a poor prognosis case.

I'm not sure what the chance is of everything falling into place, but I'm excited about the possibility. I know it's still so soon after losing Princess, but I still want more children and I can't logically justify turning turn a poor prognosis baby placement.

I had a troll the other day comment that I sickened them. I must be really horrible now.

Tell me I'm crazy if you want, but I'm being honest. I don't know what will happen, but it's in God's hands now and it is lifting my spirits with the possibility of a couple more babies to love.

18 Comments:

  • At 10:41 AM, Blogger FosterAbba said…

    If you can care for them, then you can care for them, if that makes sense. You are the one person who will experience, your grieving process, and you have to do what's best for you.

    If having other babies in the house will help, then by all means, go for it.

     
  • At 11:16 AM, Blogger Megamom said…

    No one can tell you what is the right way to grieve a loss. If keeping busy and having more kiddos around helps, then go for it. Defitniely praying for you!

     
  • At 1:04 PM, Blogger Amanda said…

    I don't think you're crazy at all. I think if you feel up to it, then go with it. It may well be the blessing you've been looking for.

    Good luck!!!

     
  • At 1:07 PM, Blogger Leanne said…

    These babies aren't Princess - whether another baby comes now or later, Princess can never be replaced. But they are little one's that God may be leading to your door - if your home is the right place for them then I trust that God will make a way for all of you to be together. I believe that God will use those who are willing to do His will - and that you will be blessed by Him, even though you have also seen heartache. I pray for blessings on your family as you continue to follow God's plan.

    hugs,
    L.

     
  • At 1:54 PM, Blogger No Longer In Crisis said…

    Call me crazy...but I had this sweet vision of Princess up there with Jesus just directing all these calls to you and L - because you are such a good mommy and daddy. You can hate me if I shouldn't have told you, but it made me smile thinking of her helping out the Big Guy and helping more children find their way to the very best mommy and daddy EVER!

     
  • At 2:37 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    What on earth could you have done, to have "sickened" anyone????

    Whatever.

    I completely understand why you would only take them, if there was a higher chance of keeping them... I would be the same way.

    Here's hoping for the best.

     
  • At 7:13 PM, Blogger TeamWinks said…

    I'm not so sure what was up the troll's backside, but whatever. In my humble opinion you have always operated with integrity, love, and respect. How you deal with your loss is personal, and we all should respect that.

    Twins sure would be a blessing! I'm sure it will all work out as it is supposed to. Keep us updated!

     
  • At 7:48 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Tell annonymous troll to suck the fart right out of your @$$! I can't believe how insensitive some people are. You and you alone have the right to decide how to deal with your grief. I have been reading your blog since just before you started going to the hospital to see Princess and I must say that you have handled yourself with dignity and you and L were the best parents ever for Princess. I'm sorry if my first sentence offends, but annonymous troll sickens me!

     
  • At 1:58 AM, Blogger queen said…

    Look, you are trying to build a family by taking in kids who really need you. I applaud that. That's a great way to build a family.

    What's sick about that? Is the sick-ee person taking in other babies and giving them back with a big goofy grin? Well great for them, then. You're different.

    That's fine.

    Don't let the trolls affect you.

     
  • At 6:44 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    I've been following your story for quite some time, since well before you even heard about Princess.
    Nothing I have ever read here has ever sickened me, but rather fills me with the sense that there are very good people in this world! You and L come across as very honest, respectable people who are working very hard towards a family of your own. If God wills these twins to you, I can't think of a better place for them to be.
    You and L are the only ones who can decide what is right for your family.
    Princess was very lucky to call you her family, and I too am sure that she has a hand in deciding when and who your new babies will be.

     
  • At 7:50 AM, Blogger Julie said…

    I LOVE Tamara's picture of Princess in Heaven- I can totally see it- "psst- see if that one can go there with them!!! they are great" I love it!

     
  • At 9:37 AM, Blogger Lisa said…

    Tamara,

    That picture in my mind brought a smile to my face. I could see it too.

     
  • At 12:02 PM, Blogger Megamom said…

    When will you find out?

     
  • At 7:00 PM, Blogger Lisa said…

    No word yet on the twins. L will call again tomorrow. There's still a lot we don't know yet.

     
  • At 8:24 PM, Blogger Baby Blues said…

    Children deserve parents like you. You have given so much. I really admire your generous heart Dream Mommy. You make the world a better place. :-)

     
  • At 9:06 PM, Blogger GLouise said…

    Send those trolls over to Robin, she'll take good care of them! :-)

    Keep us posted on the twins! I can't believe one has a fractured skull?! How did that happen (birth trauma?!?)

    Thinking of you!

     
  • At 9:11 PM, Blogger Felicia said…

    I am not a praying person, but I have been praying for you. Your loosing your baby, ugh I can't even imagine how hard that is, but this news about twins!!! I hope it works out for you. You have lots of love and they don't replace your princess. Good LUCK!!!!

     
  • At 5:26 AM, Blogger soralis said…

    Wow 2 month old twins... things may get really busy for you very fast!

    Good luck!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home