Lilypie 2nd Birthday Ticker

You Could Always Adopt. . .

Adopted 3 boys out of foster care, then got pregnant for my beautiful daughter, now currently pregnant again with twins.

Thursday, November 30, 2006

Help!

Warning!! This post may sound selfish if you are still struggling infertility and no children. You may want to skip if you're having a bad day.

A co-worker just asked for my cell phone number, because he knew a girl about to give birth(drug addicted) and doesn't think she wants the baby. I don' t know if I am excited or terrified. I told him if she was on drugs and didn't have a plan before birth, social services would take the baby.

Can I handle 3 babies?

Should I take this one instead of Princess since this baby could be legally mine right away?

Do I take this baby and Princess?

Will social services allow me to have 3 babies? I guess it would be the same as one baby and a set of twins?

Nothing could happen of this but please send prayers if I get called to take this baby. It will be a complete leap of faith and I really don' t know what decision to make at this point, but don't want to stress over it cause it may not happen.

It's probably a problem many of you would like to have. Like those people who suddenly come into lots of money and don't know what to do with it.

10 Comments:

  • At 8:10 AM, Blogger Julie said…

    Pray- you could be the "kinship" person for this child and it is quicker process is she says she wants you to take it. 3 Babies would be very hard. 2 babies will be hard but managable. Pray. Pray and pray somemore! praying for you!

     
  • At 8:23 AM, Blogger GLouise said…

    Wow!!! When it rains it pours!

     
  • At 8:23 AM, Blogger Lisa said…

    I know I absolutely cannot give up Princess. I'm too in love with her already. It would have to be either take both, or say no to this one and pray Princess becomes a keeper.

     
  • At 9:37 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    The Good Lord will not call upon you to do more than he thinks you can handle. If this girl wants you to take her baby, then you should take the baby. God knows what he is doing. Three so close in age will be hard for a while, but oh just imiagine the fun and the love. If you are called thus, you should answer.

     
  • At 10:43 AM, Blogger Megamom said…

    Wow lots of choices seem apparent. Many prayers going up for you and those precious kiddos!

     
  • At 10:44 AM, Blogger chris said…

    This is a situation that calls for two parts heart, one part brain. It will be hard, particularly since you don't know what kind of long-term issues the babies might have. But, that's the case with any child, right? Just don't put yourself in a situation where you can't give enough to all your children because you have to many to take care of at this time. You seem to have a lot of energy and strength, so maybe that's not an issue.

    What does your husband think?

    And yes, if it happens, I say just go for it.

     
  • At 12:12 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Wow, L! When it rains, it pours, as they say! GL whatever you decide!
    YG

     
  • At 8:08 AM, Blogger BigP's Heather said…

    I think not stressing about it until it happens is a wise choice of action - much easier said than done.

    If you want all of them and can - do it.

     
  • At 4:54 PM, Blogger Mud Pie said…

    You can do it. If you're called to do it then God will give you the strength to do it.

    Look at it this way: If you had successful fertility treatment that produced 3 or 4, they'd likely have special needs. But you'd do it. You'd find a way. And nobody in their right mind would look down on you for loving "so many" babies at once.

    It will be difficult for the first couple of years. But you could hire some help to come in. They wouldn't be lacking a bit of love in your home. I wouldn't worry about them not getting enough because there's so many of them. You just need to create a network of helpers around you and then use them!

     
  • At 8:43 PM, Blogger Happy Mama to Three said…

    Sometimes God's rains blessings, just like all those days when we thought he was raining difficulties on our head. I think that following your heart is the way to go. Do you feel like 3 chldren relatively close in age is more than you can handle? No? Then jump in with both feet and start praying. Because God will show you the way, he always does, and I know that, but I also know that we all can have moments of falling off the faith wagon.

    You have my proayers for peace and understanding, after all I have been praying for that all week with my daughter's day (my ex) since he is currently under a failure to comply with a court order hearing and has to go to court on Wednesday.

    Man the fun never ends.

    Cindi

     

Post a Comment

<< Home