Lilypie 2nd Birthday Ticker

You Could Always Adopt. . .

Adopted 3 boys out of foster care, then got pregnant for my beautiful daughter, now currently pregnant again with twins.

Monday, November 20, 2006

But It's Me That's Been Blessed!

While admiring my little Princess and holding her hand, I overheard one ICU nurse talking to another:

"Yesterday Princess didn't have anyone, and today she has a mommy, daddy and big brother. It makes me just want to cry. That's so sweet."

While flattered, if she only knew that Princess was a gift to me, and I am the one who's been blessed to have gone from infertility to having a baby boy and girl in about six months time!

Princess's caseworker was off this week, so I left a message that we would take her. The receptionist immediately put me through to the supervisor. We chatted a little about how she was doing and that the hospital would be in touch with us regarding her release. He said he'd email her caseworker saying we would take her and thanked me before hanging up.

Again I thought, no thank you for placing her with us.

Screw getting pregnant, morning sickness and labor! Of course, according to the urban legend, I should pop up pregnant soon right?

6 Comments:

  • At 10:25 AM, Blogger TeamWinks said…

    How old is Princess? She sounds like a pure blessing!

     
  • At 10:29 AM, Blogger Lisa said…

    She made 1 month old Saturday. We get to take her home directly from the hospital!

     
  • At 11:46 AM, Blogger Amanda said…

    Congratulations! This is so exciting!

     
  • At 1:26 PM, Blogger Megamom said…

    In this kind of case, how long does it take to get tpr? Im storming the gates and praying your you and your family! i cant wait until you get princess home. Have you heard anymore on how scooter is adjusting?

     
  • At 2:51 PM, Blogger Lisa said…

    Well, Smiley was staffed for immediate TPR in May and will not get his hearing til' May 07, but I don't know if this is a normal timeframe. Princess is in another parish and has a more aggressive caseworker. She hasn't said anything about TPR yet, but it's not looking good for her returning home.

    Scooter made the move like a trooper!

     
  • At 7:14 AM, Blogger Julie said…

    This is such a God story! I am so excited for you! What a true Christmas story you have! I am so thankful that you get to have 2 babies for Christmas! How exciting!!! Yippee!!! I am praying for all of you!!! and when do you quit that job?????

     

Post a Comment

<< Home