Lilypie 2nd Birthday Ticker

You Could Always Adopt. . .

Adopted 3 boys out of foster care, then got pregnant for my beautiful daughter, now currently pregnant again with twins.

Sunday, November 19, 2006

Princess is Perfect!

We went to see Princess yesterday. I spoke to the nurse and she explained how they fixed her minor heart condition. I don' t know the medical name, but she said something about opening up a vein or artery or something and she may need one more small surgery, but no significant health problems. We are not sure what effects the cocaine exposure will have but we will pray for the best.

We agreed to take her. She was hooked up with a breathing tube and wires just getting out of surgery so I could not hold her yet. She should get the tube out in the next day or two, then stay in the ICU a couple days, be moved to a room a couple days, and hopefully be released in a couple weeks.

I'm trying to think of a way to sweet talk L into riding with me back to the hospital today. It is very difficult to find and not in the best area so I can't go alone. Anyway, I need someone else there to wait outside with Smiley cause his big mouth can't go in the ICU! If not, we will ride up there Wednesday night after work. I hate that the hospital is so far. I didn't want to leave her, but Smiley was being fussy so we couldn't stay long.

I will be calling Princess's caseworker Monday with an official yes. I do have pics, but you will have to email me.

Labels:

2 Comments:

  • At 9:55 AM, Blogger Happy Mama to Three said…

    How exciting!! I would love to see your new Princess. It sounds like she will fit in with Smiley. I hope you get to see her again very soon. When we had foster children who had to be hospitalized it was always hardest to have to go home at night and leave them there all alone.

    Cindi

     
  • At 7:51 PM, Blogger Awesome Mom said…

    I am so happy for you! I am glad that her heart condition is very minor.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home