Lilypie 2nd Birthday Ticker

You Could Always Adopt. . .

Adopted 3 boys out of foster care, then got pregnant for my beautiful daughter, now currently pregnant again with twins.

Tuesday, August 22, 2006

What Does a Cleft Lip and Palette Look Like?

Here is an extreme close up from baby N's grinning pic I emailed to some of you. Although the lip is obvious in all of baby N's pics, the cleft palette is pretty visible here. This will be his, "before surgery" pic. I may remove it in a couple days, although, I doubt anyone could recognize him. If you want to see the whole picture, and I know you, send me an email.



Anyway, today was another visit for bio mom and she still cannot properly feed him. The new visit schedule came in the mail and it looks like some visits have been cut in preparation for possible TPR. She asked nurse C if she'd continue to work with baby N after she got him back.

No comment on that one.

Anyway, the boyfriend lost his job so they are planning to move to the next town over from us (about 5 minutes away). I've been trying to convince L to move to the Baton Rouge area, with little luck, until he heard this news.

Maybe that's my ticket out of this hellhole.

Speaking of hellhole, this morning before work I had started a post about tired of living in this hellhole and in walks the owner's son. I hope I minimized quick enough(although I wasn't on duty yet). I really shouldn't blog at work, but sometimes work is the reason I need to blog.

Oh, baby N's new worker gave her two week notice, so we will again get another worker for baby N. She got a job teaching at the school his other worker left to work at. If it wasn't junior high, I'd ask them for a job there.

So, who is driving these workers away..bio mom? us?...I know it can't be baby N!

4 Comments:

  • At 1:58 PM, Blogger Julie said…

    I don't know what SBs worker left to do .... who knows- I know she was in school working on her Master's. Maybe she finished? I don't really care- good riddens.:) Can L transfer his job?

     
  • At 2:47 PM, Blogger GLouise said…

    Thanks for posting his palate photo. I can't wait to see the "after," as well.

    I don't think you need to worry abt it being identifiable- I thought it was a "stock" photo at first :-)

    Best wishes!
    G.

     
  • At 8:04 PM, Blogger Maya said…

    5 minutes, yikes. Time to get the heck out of Dodge. One can't help but feel sorry for her, but not enough to live 5 minutes away. I hope you can move quickly.

     
  • At 5:37 AM, Blogger Lisa said…

    My dad offered him a job at the company he works for. The job is easy, inside in the A/c, benefits are good and pay is decent. L just has to decide if he wants to move.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home