Lilypie 2nd Birthday Ticker

You Could Always Adopt. . .

Adopted 3 boys out of foster care, then got pregnant for my beautiful daughter, now currently pregnant again with twins.

Monday, August 21, 2006

Digging Her Grave

Well, can't go into more detail, but that's what baby N's bio mom is doing. Her latest stunt may result in her not getting a ride to baby N's surgery.

As much as we want to adopt the kids in our care, we also do hope their parents can change their lives. I remember crying in the car after last weeks doctor visit feeling sad for baby N's mom. I know she made her choices and I shouldn't feel bad for her, but I do. When I see this happy lil' one full of energy and I see what she is missing out on, I have to cry for her. I guess I'm just human.

I can't wait til TPR and adoption. I can't wait to post pictures of my little squirt grinning ear to ear. Hopefully soon.

I guess all we can do is give our foster kids as much love as possible while we have them and pray for their parents to either stop having children or to start taking care of them.

5 Comments:

  • At 8:44 AM, Blogger GLouise said…

    Oh wow. It sounds like an emotional rollercoaster. Hang in there!!!

     
  • At 9:59 AM, Blogger Julie said…

    I know- I look at little SB and think how sad it is that her mom is missing all this. She is so much fun right now and they don't get it- I do. We pray for her parents and g-mom I just don't know what is going to happen. I am trying to keep in mind that she is going back to g-mom but the waiting to see if... and when... makes me wonder.

     
  • At 10:32 AM, Blogger Julie said…

    hey- check email. :)

     
  • At 11:47 AM, Blogger No Longer In Crisis said…

    Oh dear. Whatever it is, it must be very good news for you and hubby. (The pic you sent is unbelievable beautiful - what a HUGE GRIN he has! I just loved how happy he looked - pure joy.) Hang in there. It is really sad how many birth moms out there will never "get it".

     
  • At 11:16 PM, Blogger Eggs Akimbo said…

    It must be so frustrating. I look at my baby and I just don't understand how people can't or won't look after their kids properly. I know it's a complex issue. I so, so admire people who foster/adopt. Fostering is something I would like to do down the track.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home