Lilypie 2nd Birthday Ticker

You Could Always Adopt. . .

Adopted 3 boys out of foster care, then got pregnant for my beautiful daughter, now currently pregnant again with twins.

Wednesday, August 16, 2006

Finally!

Well, we have a surgery date!

September 22!!

After this, my baby will look like all the other babies and will no longer be stared at in public, except to notice how cute he is.

1. Surgery 1: Repair cleft lip. 1-1/2 hours, outpatient, so no worrying about bio mom wanting to spend the night in the hospital with him.

2. Allow 3 months to heal.

3. Surgery 2: Palette repair. Approximately 2 hours with baby N staying overnight for one night.

4. Possible 3rd surgery, depending on how things go.

5. Then it will be time to schedule surgery for his hypospadia repair.

6. Speech Therapy and learn how to eat.

7. Oral surgery for gums and teeth.

In the meantime, early steps will be coming to the house soon to help with his development(sitting, crawling,etc.)

Bio mom didn't arrive until we were packing baby N into the car to leave. I took him back out, let her snuggle with him a little while, then had her follow me back into the office to sign a release for surgery. I am not going through the hassle I went through with the ear tubes. I thought the transportation worker caught traffic but she told me his mom wasn't ready when she got there to pick him up. Baby N' s mom was actually dressed very nice. I wish she would have arrived on time, because I could have taken some nice pictures for baby N.

I still feel very sad for bio mom, to the point my eyes were teary in the car. I know she loves him, and it's so sad that she cannot take care of him. At the same time, sometimes I feel like I am taking her baby. I know the state took him, but sometimes I feel bad that I'm doing what she should be doing. I know it sounds strange.

7 Comments:

  • At 6:18 AM, Blogger TeamWinks said…

    No not strange at all. My cousin has expressed the same emotions regarding her similar situation.

     
  • At 9:53 AM, Blogger GLouise said…

    So glad you have a surgery date. Hooray!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

     
  • At 11:32 AM, Blogger sourpatchbaby said…

    Only 37 days until his inner beauty is out there for the world to see! Am soo happy for you! I really am at a loss for words when it comes to biomom. You must feel like you're dammned if you do, and you're dammned if you don't. The only thing that we can do in her case is to pray for her. Maybe one day she will be able to take care of herself, for her sake as well as that of any other children she might have in the future.

     
  • At 10:01 PM, Blogger MamaKBear said…

    Yay for a surgery date! I'm a bit sad the poor darling has to go through the pain and recovery of several surgeries, but I know it's all for the best! And he's young enough he probably won't remember anyway. I hope everything goes perfectly!

    And yep...your feelings regarding biomom are perfectly normal. I kinda felt the same way about my BIL and his g/f when we got two of their kids. But...I thought about how these are not the first two...there's FIVE others. They definitely had their chances!

     
  • At 6:45 AM, Blogger soralis said…

    Glad to hear the surgery is scheduled. Poor little fella.

    I believe Baby N is where he is supposed to be or he wouldn't be there with you.

    Take care

     
  • At 9:13 AM, Blogger Julie said…

    That is great news- I am happy that finally they are getting some health issues taken care of for sweet Baby N. It is sad that bm can't take care of him but it is "in the best interest of the child" that you or someone else can! Keep that in mind. It isn't you who are "taking" him.You are loving him, providing for him, caring for him in the absence of his bio parents. Just love him up!!

     
  • At 11:29 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    That's so great he's getting the surgery he needs. I understand it must be a really frustrating situation to be in.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home