Lilypie 2nd Birthday Ticker

You Could Always Adopt. . .

Adopted 3 boys out of foster care, then got pregnant for my beautiful daughter, now currently pregnant again with twins.

Wednesday, August 09, 2006

Sick Men

Don't you just hate it when your husbands are sick?

When you are sick, you are supposed to carry on with your wife, motherly, and work duties, but when THEY are sick...

-Oh honey, I can't get out of bed.

-My throat hurts

-I'm congested.

-I'm hungry

When they are sick, your world has to stop turning, so in addition to taking care of a medically needy baby and working full time, I'm playing my husband's mommy trying to convince him to take his medicine, then getting grumped at because his illness is making him cranky.

Then I start catching a milder version of his virus and I get accused of grumping. Excuse me, I don't feel well either, and I desperately need sleep.

Baby N was screaming the majority of yesterday evening too. I was holding him almost in tears, please stop crying baby.

Men would never be able to handle childbirth, of course, I'll probably never get the opportunity either.

5 Comments:

  • At 7:06 AM, Blogger BigP's Heather said…

    It does suck when they are sick!! Mine was sick last week and he is such a huge baby... Of course, I have it easy because I only had him to deal with.

    Hope you get some rest soon and that everyone starts feeling better! Virtual chicken soup coming your way.

     
  • At 7:12 AM, Blogger soralis said…

    Take care, hope everyone is feeling better soon!

    It's true that mom's seldom, if ever, get a break!

    Take care

     
  • At 8:05 AM, Blogger Julie said…

    Tell your husband to put his big boy panties on and get over it! You need to get some rest too! :) I hope you get to feeling better soon! All of you!

     
  • At 9:46 AM, Blogger GLouise said…

    gAwww!

    I hate playing nurse to my husband...

    Hang in there!

     
  • At 11:24 AM, Blogger MamaKBear said…

    Ugh...so true! Big, tough, men are such big ol' babies when they're sick!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home