Lilypie 2nd Birthday Ticker

You Could Always Adopt. . .

Adopted 3 boys out of foster care, then got pregnant for my beautiful daughter, now currently pregnant again with twins.

Thursday, August 24, 2006

Baby Please Go to Sleep

That's what I sobbed quietly in the extra bed in baby N's room last night when he woke up at:

12:00
12:30
1:00
1:30
2:30
3:30
4:30
5:00

Woke up crying of course. Usually all it takes to get him back to sleep is to turn on his music and rub his belly a little. Not last night though. I held firm and did not pick him up. He already has armitis, and I surely don't need him to think he can be held all night too.

People warn you about sleep deprivation when you have a baby, but you never REALLY believe them until you have your own.

6 Comments:

  • At 6:33 AM, Blogger GLouise said…

    Awwwww that stinks!!!

     
  • At 8:18 AM, Blogger Julie said…

    I am sorry!! Is he teething? That is NO fun!!! I know I live for the days I get to sleep in a few hours or get a nap!! hang in there!! :(

     
  • At 10:29 AM, Blogger sourpatchbaby said…

    I am so sorry!! I know exactly what that feels like and it's not fun at all. All I can say is, he's not made of glass; if you need to, let him cry in his crib while you go to a different room and calm down. There was a time when I wanted to punch my husband out of the bed for sleeping through it all when I was curled up crying. Something that I'm going to start implementing in my house that you might want to try. Next time The Kid is doing one of his alnighters, I'm going to arm myself and just talk to God. I figure, if I can't get The Kid to sleep, I can at least grow closer to God. Will be praying for you

     
  • At 10:41 AM, Blogger Lisa said…

    I was praying God please let this kid sleep...

     
  • At 10:11 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    You're not alone.

     
  • At 6:02 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    perhaps he misses his MOTHER???

     

Post a Comment

<< Home