Lilypie 2nd Birthday Ticker

You Could Always Adopt. . .

Adopted 3 boys out of foster care, then got pregnant for my beautiful daughter, now currently pregnant again with twins.

Wednesday, July 12, 2006

Still Infertile...

CD2. Not pregnant. Big surprise there..

At least I'm having periods again. I'll never do lupron again, unless it's part of a future IVF cycle.

I'm so tired of hearing, "After you adopt 2 or 3, you'll show up pregnant, I promise. I've seen it happen many times." I mean, if adoption was the cure for infertility, I would have done it long ago.

People, please listen:

ADOPTING WILL NOT GET YOU PREGNANT!!

I've been told this so many times the last month that when someone starts with, "you know now that you're adopting.." I cut them off and say, Yeah, yeah, I'm gonna get pregnant!

I may never get pregnant, but God could always work a miracle. Either way, I currently have my own little bundle of joy that I would have never had in my life if I hadn't experienced infertily.


Experiencing infertility has made me appreciate the small stuff:

-I love doing baby laundry
-I am more tolerant of the sleep deprivation from a baby.
-I praise God for the little one the wakes me up for the 3 am diaper change(well, most of the time).
-Once he starts the slightest bit of laughing, I will continue to make a complete ass of myself for more giggles.
-Everything he does is cute.
-I want pictures of everything.
-I am blessed to change a nasty diaper
-I am blessed with a car packed full of baby equipment and medical equipment every time we travel.

Best of all...MY HOUSE IS FULL!

Tamara says infertility is one of the greatest gifts God has given her.

I'm beginning to agree, though I still long to be pregnant.

8 Comments:

  • At 7:22 AM, Blogger GLouise said…

    Here is a stat you can share with people: only FIVE percent of infertile couples who adopt, will go on to have a pregnancy.

    So- it is not impossible, but not something that is to be expected 100% of the time.

    On the other hand, I was just reading the Alice Domar book about "Infertility/Mind over Matter" or something like that, and I was surprised to see her address depression in the first chapter of the book.

    She says that many of us infertiles are depressed and don't know it. And that sometimes, when the depression lifts (like when adopting a baby), then in some cases, some people are able to achieve a pregnancy that was halted by depression.

    I don't know what I think of that theory, but I thought I would share!!

    I kinda disagree with that theory- because most people are not depressed when they first start trying to conceive.

     
  • At 8:24 AM, Blogger soralis said…

    I hope that you still get to experience PG some day. Hugs

    Take care

     
  • At 10:37 AM, Blogger Julie said…

    I am sorry you aren't pregnant this month. I am sure that is so hard. I would love to say- "look on the bright side...." but there really isn't a bright side if that is your heart's desire. I am glad that you are gaining some happiness in Baby N and trust that God will take care of the rest. :) Hang in there!

     
  • At 10:43 AM, Blogger Lisa said…

    Maybe the pregnancy thing won't bother me as much after TPR, or when the adoption is finalized.

     
  • At 10:49 AM, Blogger No Longer In Crisis said…

    Awww, I still know. When AF came this month (only my second cycle this YEAR - wooo hooo), there was still a little sigh that escaped my lips. IF will always be a truth, and a little sad truth. Getting to the point of seeing it as a gift took a long time, and it still takes work - but oh, you are so right - it is so worth it NOW. It's like an "ah-ha" moment every time you look at that baby.

     
  • At 1:16 PM, Blogger Southern Comfortable said…

    The ignorance of some people never ceases to astound me! I'm so glad you have a bundle of joy in your home o that you have less time to have to dwell on such ignorant comments.

    Just read through your archives today (I have NOTHING going on at work). Glad to see how things are progressing!

     
  • At 1:17 PM, Blogger Southern Comfortable said…

    That should have been "so that you have less time"!

     
  • At 5:23 PM, Blogger Courtney said…

    I just want to say to people, "Don't say anything!" People are such idiots!

    I hope you have your time comes soon. There has to be some kind of resolution for this agonizing wait! Good luck!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home