Lilypie 2nd Birthday Ticker

You Could Always Adopt. . .

Adopted 3 boys out of foster care, then got pregnant for my beautiful daughter, now currently pregnant again with twins.

Wednesday, July 05, 2006

Confusion, Confusion..

Many of you fostering are aware of this confusion trying to get things done with social services.

Well, the procedure itself went fine, but the hospital and social services took almost 5 hours to get their communications straight!

The hospital wouldn't let us sign consent for surgery. Our worker gets bio mom to sign consent. The hospital will not allow this either b/c he is in state custody. We ended up having to get a court order signed by the judge so baby N could have tubes placed!

Thank God we didn't get bumped and have to come back another day. We were lucky the doc was booked up and was able to skip baby N until the mess was straightend out! Of course, that was longer baby N had to go without eating. We arrived at 6am, didn't get his tubes til 11 am and didn't get to leave the hospital til 1:30!

Baby N did fine though. It's all over now. One surgery down, 3 to go. We're making progress slowly but surely.

At least I know for the next surgeries, I will make sure judge, bio mom and social worker sign consent forms.

What a mess!


  • At 6:01 PM, Blogger Kitkat said…

    Oh geez! Sounds like a nightmare. Glad all got straightened out and Baby N is doing well!

  • At 6:10 AM, Blogger Tamara said…

    Holy cow! I certainly didn't know all that had to happen - geez woman. How did you keep from smackin' someone upside the head?? I take it from the tone of things that the surgery went well, and that your sweet baby is recovering quickly. I'm so happy he's there, and that you all are a family.

  • At 8:39 AM, Blogger soralis said…

    Sorry about the nightmare... hope it all goes more smoothly next time.

    Take care

  • At 2:41 PM, Blogger Julie said…

    so glad it got done~!! and he is doing well - sad the mess you had to go through. insane!


Post a Comment

<< Home