Lilypie 2nd Birthday Ticker

You Could Always Adopt. . .

Adopted 3 boys out of foster care, then got pregnant for my beautiful daughter, now currently pregnant again with twins.

Sunday, July 23, 2006

Game Winners and Quack Doctors!

Question 1: Julie- guess of 8

Question 2: Rach - guess of 5

I really had little faith in my friends and family. Sometimes people come through for you and don't say stupid things. Here are the actual results:

You'll get pregnant - 0

Is mom on drugs? - 0

Surprised?? Me too. I am ashamed for thinking otherwise. I did ask my sister if she informed everyone of my blog game. She too was surprised that no one made those remarks.

There was around 20 people that attended, with a few extra men who hung out at my parents'(the shower was at my parents' neighbors). A special treat, my college roomate and best friend was there with her husband. I was so excited to see her. Also, the friend I was recently a bridesmaid for was there. Maybe she's back to her old self now that wedding planning is over. What I did hear a lot..."congratulations" and "we'll keep you in our prayers."

How hard is that? "We'll keep you in our prayers," is a nice thing to say. Do ya'll like hearing that?


Oh yeah, my sister is getting married next July!

In other news, when I did baby N's 3am diaper change I felt 3 bumps on his head. I thought, "oh shit, he got eatin' up by mosquitos and his mom's gonna have a shit fit." He also had one on his forehead.

I proceeded to put medicine on each of the bites, but this morning, I noticed a few more, a couple on his arm. Later in the day, I noticed 2-3 more on his face. They looked like seriously swollen ant bites is the best I could describe them. Then L and I thought it over and said...

"chicken pox?"

I had them when I was younger, but not sure how dangerous it is for infants to have them, so I brought him to the emergency room to confirm my theory, or hopefully tell me he was just allegic to something...I knew I should have went to a hospital out of town

I KNEW IT!

Anyway, the conversation with me and Dr. Quack(not my RE, but the emergency room doctor):

Quack: What seems to be the problem?

Me: Well, he has the bumps on him, at first I thought it was mosquito bites, but then they started spreading..

Quack: Do you have any animals?

Me: Yes, but they are outside. I went to my parents' and they have a couple cats(who are all treated for fleas).

Quack: Looks like flea bites to me!

Me: Then why are they spreading?

Quack: Oh, really, you think they are spreading or maybe the bites are just coming out?

Me:(getting pissed), they are spreading.

L: Is it chick pox?

Quack: It could be. This sore here has some of the characteristics. I don't know. Take him to his pediatrician tomorrow and get her opinion. Even if it is, it's not like it's life threatening.

Me: Ok...

Quack: I'll write him a prescription for some cream and if it is chicken pox, this will help.

(Quack leaves the room and my mom calls)

Mom: So what's going on?

Me: Quack, Quack, quack, quack, quack QUACK!!! Then I proceeded to tell the story.

The sad part, L takes the prescription to get filled and every pharmacy in town is out of it because the hospital already sent 10 or so other prescripions for kids who had chicken pox!

Ok, you're supposed to be a doctor....Chicken pox are going around, but you can't tell me whether or not baby N has chick pox?

I should practice medicine!

3 Comments:

  • At 9:39 PM, Blogger Maya said…

    I agree. Some doctors are just plain scary. I hope that you are able to get some medicine for him soon

     
  • At 10:24 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Congratulations on your shower. It sounds like it was really nice. I hope Dr Quack caught the 'flea bites' himself.

     
  • At 2:12 PM, Blogger No Longer In Crisis said…

    I hope Dr. Quack gets bitten by a ton of fleas very soon! Maybe then s/he can look at them to tell the freakin' difference in the future!!! Aaaaaahhhhhh
    Anyway, I have renewed faith in humanity that you didn't get asked stupid/insulting questions about N.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home