Lilypie 2nd Birthday Ticker

You Could Always Adopt. . .

Adopted 3 boys out of foster care, then got pregnant for my beautiful daughter, now currently pregnant again with twins.

Friday, July 14, 2006

Email Communications

After L being severely pestered by bio mom for our phone numbers, I told L if it was ok with our worker, I'd be willing to communicate by email.

There is just no good reason for her to have our number:

1. She'd be calling all the time
2. Baby N cannot talk
3. I don't want to get in a "he said, she said" war over phone calls.

With email(correct me if I'm wrong):
1. Everything will be written down for our records.
2. That handy little delete button is always an option.
3. If I'm nice, maybe I can get more family pictures for his lifebook.

I got email addresses for bio mom, her boyfriend, and baby N's godmother.

His godmother wanted to make him an album, so I am in the process of sending all the pictures I have of baby N (without us in them). She wrote me back and said she had a couple she could send me. I then asked her if she had any pics of him from the hospital, or or his grandparents.

I REALLY wanted to ask for a picture of the father, but it's a touchy issue right now. I know his dad is a piece of scum who denied baby N was his son and signed away rights, but baby N may be curious about him one day. I am going to do everything in my power to get a picture of his father, and grandparents.

I also received my lifebook, which is actually a baby book. I will be using the one given by OCS to put info about his biological family. It's difficult. I feel bad that it is so blank. Maybe his caseworker can find some of the info in his file.

I was proud of myself for remembering one thing pretty cool. There's a question that asks what foods mommy liked while pregnant. At the hospital, I remember bio mom saying she ate lots of boiled seafood during the pregnancy.

I should call former foster mom too. I don't have any "newborn" pictures of baby N. I really hope she took some.

Wish me luck on the detective work!

6 Comments:

  • At 10:41 AM, Blogger Julie said…

    That is cool about the baby book- I guess it is too late to suggest that you set up a yahoo address to communicate with them and not use your regular email address.:( I don't guess there is anything they can really do with an email address but I would hate to have them bombard me with emails either. Good call about the phone number. There is NO reason for them to have that! What is bio mom thinking??? So strange.

     
  • At 10:48 AM, Blogger No Longer In Crisis said…

    I love your ideas about the baby book. My hubby is the only one who ever saw Biomom, and that was twice in Feb.! I would like a picture of her so Cookie can at least see what they looked like.

    As for the daycare question, I've notived that states vary a LOT as to the support, resources, etc. you get as foster parents. We do get daycare paid for - by anyone we want who is liscenced - up to $25 a day - as long as both foster parents (if there are 2) are working. It is extremely nice. I can't believe in LA they don't do that??? How do they expect you to do it if both parents are working?

     
  • At 10:54 AM, Blogger Unknown said…

    Smart choice on the phone number. No way I'd be giving that out! Love the baby book ideas. Makes me want to get started on my own...

     
  • At 1:01 PM, Blogger Lisa said…

    I have a yahoo email. I guess I could have set up a separate one for communications with bio family. Oh well, I can always change my email later.

    Tamara,

    I can't believe you are able to get out of seeing biomom at the visits. We have to transport the kids to the visits. The only ones who get transportation provided is the bio parents if they don't have transportation.

    We drive 2 hours to take him to children's hospital in New Orleans. Bio mom gets a free ride on taxpayer dollars. All because they have rights...

     
  • At 8:35 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    I would have been afraid to give bio-mom your phone number too! Your phone might have been ringing at 2 or 3 in the morning. Yuck! You have great ideas about baby N's baby book. I'm sure he will really appreciate all of your effort when he is older.
    -Carolyn M.

     
  • At 5:25 PM, Blogger GLouise said…

    The baby book is a great idea, especially when Baby N is older.

    You are such a good mommy!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home