Lilypie 2nd Birthday Ticker

You Could Always Adopt. . .

Adopted 3 boys out of foster care, then got pregnant for my beautiful daughter, now currently pregnant again with twins.

Thursday, July 13, 2006

Family Visit

Another one yesterday. God bless L for taking baby N to these.

Feeding lesson #3 for Bio mom.

-Failed to unclamp the feeding tube before pushing the formula through the syringe, causing formula to explode everywhere. Did this severval times during one feeding. When I went to feed him later that night, the feeding tube broke apart! Never had that happen.

-Did not detach the syringe from the feeding tube before pulling out the plunger to refill the syringe. This will actually pull some of his formula back out of his stomach!

My 15 year old exchange student(who lacks common sense) figured it out after watching us once.

Ok, I'm not judging. Will have nurse C show her again next visit.

Baby N's godmother(for now) showed up to the visit yesterday. Turns out L knows her. She was at our wedding(I hate this small freaking town). She was a friend of L's friend, who used to date bio mom. L calls this friend and says he BETTER NOT give her our address!

Also, I personally know baby N's bio grandma on the father's side. I don't think she knows I have him, although I'm sure she had the opportunity to take him, but for one reason or another couldn't.

I say we move out of the parish after the adoption is finalized. What do you think?

13 Comments:

  • At 6:48 AM, Blogger No Longer In Crisis said…

    I vote for MOVING!! Oh girl, visits suck - all around. I sure hope things move quickly. What is the state's plan of attack for baby N? Are they moving for TPR soon?

     
  • At 6:54 AM, Blogger soralis said…

    I am with Tamara on the moving thing.

    Take care

     
  • At 7:19 AM, Blogger GLouise said…

    You are in a small town, honey!

     
  • At 7:55 AM, Blogger Julie said…

    Oh MY- that is a small town! I agree- MOVE! :)

     
  • At 10:53 AM, Blogger Lisa said…

    Tamara,

    They are moving for IMMEDIATE TPR, and they think they have an excellent case.

    I want to move back to where I'm from. More opportunities, more civilazation, and I won't have to run from hurricanes!

     
  • At 10:54 AM, Blogger Julie said…

    Is your hubby up to the move?

     
  • At 11:31 AM, Blogger Lisa said…

    Julie,

    All L has to say is, "let's move" and I'll be packing before he finishes his sentence!

    He's discussed moving back to the Baton Rouge area where I'm from, but no actions. I told him just say the word and I'm outta here!

     
  • At 12:40 PM, Blogger Unknown said…

    I think I'd be packing my bags.

    And really, is the feeding tube thing THAT hard??? After countless lessons and attempts, you'd think she could figure it out by now.

     
  • At 5:39 AM, Blogger Lisa said…

    Kit kat,
    It's so simple that my 15 year old exchange student figured it out the first time she watched us!

     
  • At 6:15 AM, Blogger No Longer In Crisis said…

    Immediate TPR - YES! Perhaps we will both be breathing huge sighs of relief soon. I hear that after TPR, not much can go wrong to screw things up.

     
  • At 8:37 AM, Blogger x said…

    I say move. Bio mom sounds like a mess, the further away from her, the better!

     
  • At 9:17 AM, Blogger Jen said…

    Wow, that certainly is a small town! I agree with the others...it's time to move!

     
  • At 7:24 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    It sounds like things could get sticky as N grows up. And if the two of you are up for moving anyway, then go for it.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home