Lilypie 2nd Birthday Ticker

You Could Always Adopt. . .

Adopted 3 boys out of foster care, then got pregnant for my beautiful daughter, now currently pregnant again with twins.

Monday, July 31, 2006

A Daughter?

I now know why we haven't received anymore placement calls. Our worker called us last week to check up on us and told her to let us know when we wanted to get back on the list. I told her I thought we were still on it. She said that after her families get a placement, she takes them off the list until we are ready for another one. I told her I wanted another baby, but not sure when, but I didn't want to miss the opportunity. She suggested letting the workers in our parish know that if an infant comes into care to call us. She said it would be easier than transporting them to another parish for the visits(yes, we have to bring to child to family visits). I mentioned having to wait on So Young to leave anyway.

I guess it's a good idea. I won't get called for every placement, but we can pursue ones we hear about and may be interested in.

Anyway, back to the subject, Saturday morning we got a call telling us we would have no nurse Monday. With our very few available sitters, we called baby N's prior foster mom. She lives about an hour and a half away and asked if she'd like to keep him Sunday night and we'd pick him up after work Monday afternooon. She said she'd be glad to keep him during the day, but had recently got 2 other babies and could not keep him overnight too.

Ok, getting to the daughter part, I promise. She told me that she was getting a 1 year old little girl today, poor prognosis, and asked if we'd like to take her(of course, we'd have to talk to her caseworker). She's taking the girl to help out, but is really gonna be strapped taking care of 3 babies.

Then I started pondering. . .

We're already trying to get So Young another host family lined up(due to her sanitary issues with baby N and her pain in the ass father).

If L lets me go ahead and quit...

It would be like having twins...

Just sold the jet ski, use the cash for girl baby stuff..

I could give her a bottle...


Why is it that now that I have access to being a mommy, I want more kids than I originally thought I wanted?


Don't worry. If anything happens with the potential placement, I'll let you know!

6 Comments:

  • At 7:10 AM, Blogger Julie said…

    That is so cool!! I still don't understand how So Young's father can just decide she can stay longer and not ask if the host family can host her longer- that is absurd! Doesn't she have some sort of agency she was working through that would have negoiated all that? I hope it all works out.

     
  • At 8:07 AM, Blogger No Longer In Crisis said…

    Sanitary issues with So Young???? Eeeeeeewwwwww. You don't even give details, but ewwwwwww. But I know exactly what you mean about the more kids thing - I'm feeling it too. And I have no idea why!! Thanks so much for the family picture - N. is getting so big!! He's a goregous little butterball. I wanna squeeze him!!

     
  • At 9:43 AM, Blogger x said…

    Twins - could you imagine? That would be alot of work but it seems like you are up for it. Foster mom seems like a great resourse, I'd stay in touch with her for sure.

     
  • At 10:29 AM, Blogger Lisa said…

    Julie,
    So Young's stay will probably be shortened. I told the coordinator to find her another home. She came back from Oregon and I could tell she had lots of contact with her father because he is trying to run my household again.

    Tamara,

    The biggest issue I have with So Young is leaving bobby pins and other small objects on the floor for baby n to choke on. Nurse C also informed me she keeps the bathroom filthy. I'll save that for another post.

    Jenny,

    If L would let me quit work today, I'd call foster mom and take the girl in a heartbeat. I now know where all the newborn placements are going now.

     
  • At 11:17 AM, Blogger GLouise said…

    wow! So neat to hear about a little girl coming into your life as well.

    It sounds like you are ready for SY to go home! Why is she still with ya'll?! LOL.

    Hoping for you,
    GL

     
  • At 6:50 PM, Blogger soralis said…

    I know what you mean about more kids!

    I hope everything works out!

    Take care

     

Post a Comment

<< Home