Lilypie 2nd Birthday Ticker

You Could Always Adopt. . .

Adopted 3 boys out of foster care, then got pregnant for my beautiful daughter, now currently pregnant again with twins.

Sunday, May 21, 2006

Relaxing

Wow! Baby N is SERIOUSLY spoiled. He did sleep through both nights (though he slept very loudly), but when he was awake, there was no putting him down. Spoiled to the arm he is. I tried to post earlier today, but baby N put me in my place soon after I turned on the computer. I don't know how single moms do it. They are my heros now!

What I learned this weekend: Please don't mis-interpret this as coplaiming, I LOVED every minute of it.

1. How people lose their pregancy weight. You don't have time to eat tending to a baby.

2. Babies make a lot of noise when they sleep, so even if they sleep through the night, you won't.

3. The feeding tube is more difficult than the nurse made it seem. It takes both of us to operate, because the part that plugs into the peg in his tummy doesn't lock. When baby N squirms, formula goes everywhere.

4. A little one triples your laundry. Especially after a couple feedings mentioned in #3.

5. You don't have to wake them to feed them. God bless foster mom for telling me that Friday evening before we put baby N to bed.

6. Baby N was ten times more exhausting than Jack and Jill, and I have to chase Jack and Jill when I watch them.

7. You wake up in the morning practically sleep walking, while trying to lug an 18+ pound baby around the house.

8. You and your husband have to work as a team.

9. A quite bath can really re-energize you into a normal person again.

10. The weekend visit red-tape was a good plan on the state's part. I really got an idea of how we need to plan to handle things when he moves in permanantly. I definately got to experience the good and bad sides of baby N. Foster mom said I was lucky he slept through the night. I agree.

11. Though I'm terribly exhausted and will be going to bed very early tonight, I loved it! Every second of it!

12. I'm glad baby N is six months, and not newborn. They sleep better in the night with age I guess.

13. I enjoyed him so much, I already forgot how exhausting he was and want him back for more!

What I love about baby N:

1. He loves to cuddle.

2. His smile. It's funny looking with the messed up mouth and it's so cute.

3. The way he demands my attention.

4. The way he cries, then stops when I pick him up.

5. The way he already has me wrapped around his little finger.

6. The way he brought L and I closer. There was no sadness this weekend. Only the two of us working together to keep this baby alive (in the nurse's note's, the word "death" was used in explaining his procedure for if he started spitting up).


And , most of all:

7. HE COULD BE OUR SON ONE DAY! Of course, that brings the fear of him returning home, but we're taking the risk.

We brought baby N home around 2:30. Though I miss him, I'm glad for the break as we get our home more prepared to take him again next weekend, either permanantly or for a second visit.

The hadest thing about baby N is that he cannot sleep in his own room. I didn't think I'd ever sleep with all the noise he made, but I was exhausted enough last night to sleep.

Wow! Sorry everyone. I should have divided this into 3 separate posts. Oh well.

6 Comments:

  • At 7:28 PM, Blogger Julie said…

    It sounds like you had a SUPER weekend that gave you a pretty realistic picture of your life with this sweet boy! - so exciting- I knew you would love it! I hope and pray for more to come! They do sleep LOUDLY don't they! hehe- :) glad you had fun!

     
  • At 8:04 PM, Blogger Maya said…

    I am so happy for you that it went well. So what's next???

     
  • At 8:42 PM, Blogger soralis said…

    Sounds like you had a great weekend. Glad you enjoyed your time! Babies are so wonderful.

    Take care

     
  • At 10:23 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    This weekend may have seemed very hard, but that's because you're new at it... It will get easier!

    You sound so happy though! :) And I'm happy for you and you're hubby!!!

    Julie

     
  • At 5:26 AM, Blogger Lisa said…

    Next we have to get the nurse set up and we will take him again this weekend, either for the long weekend, or permanently. Will have to see what social worker wants.

     
  • At 7:40 AM, Blogger Awesome Mom said…

    This is a an old post I know and you may have already solved the feeding tube issue but there are many tricks to keeping it in and the baby clean. A good resource for kids with feeding tubes is www.gtube.org It has been very helpful for me with my son's feeding tube. If you go to the website you can sign up for an email group where parents discuss feeting tube related isues.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home