Lilypie 2nd Birthday Ticker

You Could Always Adopt. . .

Adopted 3 boys out of foster care, then got pregnant for my beautiful daughter, now currently pregnant again with twins.

Sunday, May 14, 2006

No Baby

You would think my lack of posting meant I was enjoying my time with baby N.

Wrong.

What a tease. We couldn't even get in touch with foster mom this weekend. Why did she tell L she'd like me to have him for Mother's Day and then back out?

I've managed to keep myself cooped up today. Made a good, huge pot of seafood gumbo, took a quick trip to the store, then tried to forget it was Mother's Day.

What a depressing weekend. I'm going back to nap the rest of the day away.

I'll catch up with everyone again tomorrow.

8 Comments:

  • At 2:27 PM, Blogger GLouise said…

    Hi there- sorry to hear how your day turned out....what is up with the foster mom? She is weird!

    Hey- could you send me some of that gumbo? It sounds awesome...What do you use in your gumbo?

     
  • At 4:38 PM, Blogger Maya said…

    What in the world? Not what I expected to see. I hope that you are doing okay. What a sucky day.

     
  • At 8:47 PM, Blogger chris said…

    I don't think they're is any "right" answer in this situation. You know this, but I'll say it: The first thing you learn as a mother is that you have to make the right decision for your child. This isn't something you can decide overnight. Whatever you decide, you are doing the right thing for everyone involved.

    Good luck.

     
  • At 5:33 AM, Blogger Lisa said…

    glouise,

    Come on over and get some gumbo. There's plenty left.

    This gumbo had shrimp, crab meat (leftover from a crab boil and frozen), and sausage. I can't really explain how to make it. It's something I'd have to show you.

    Two years living down the bayou and L's mom said I'm catching on to the gumbo making thing.

     
  • At 7:44 AM, Blogger Julie said…

    I am sorry- Everything to me rerelates to a song- that is my bend- back when I was working with highschool kids we had a song where the chorus was - "Yo-Yo-Yo-Yo-Yo-YO-YO!" that is what I think they should rename us Foster Parents. Yo Yos. I am sad you had a bad weekend- it is CRAZY!

     
  • At 7:58 AM, Blogger soralis said…

    I am sorry to hear about baby N ... :(

    Take care

     
  • At 8:51 AM, Blogger GLouise said…

    I love your gumbo ingredients. You sound like a pro! My husband lived in Mobile for a few years, and he makes a pretty decent shrimp gumbo. I loveee it with sausage in there too.
    And cornbread on the side ;-)

     
  • At 9:56 AM, Blogger Lisa said…

    glouise,

    You can't really call it gumbo if it's not made in Louisiana,lol.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home