Lilypie 2nd Birthday Ticker

You Could Always Adopt. . .

Adopted 3 boys out of foster care, then got pregnant for my beautiful daughter, now currently pregnant again with twins.

Tuesday, May 02, 2006

And I Thought I Was Finished With High School

Well, I'm going to sidetrack on the "joys" of raising a teenager for today. So Young is really becoming Americanized:

-I had to bang on her door to wake her yesterday morning, followed by whining and telling her to get up.

-She missed her ride and sick L had to take her to school.

-Her room is a disaster area.

-She comes knocking on my bedroom door around 8 pm for help with an English project.

Her English teacher is a Bitch. There's no nice way to put it. I am a college graduate, and made A's and B's in college English. I have NEVER heard of some of this shit this teacher is making her freshman English class do. Half the class is failing and the teacher still thinks they can handle the projects but just aren't completing their work.

She sends detailed instructions on a paper due tomorrow saying that if the directions aren't followed EXACTLY, it's an automatic F!! Isn't that crazy?

So after a long day of work, I will have a paper to write tonight! Oh, this teacher gave So Young a "D" on a ROUGH DRAFT! She actually took off points for mistakes on a rough draft!

They don't really emphasize literature in Korea, it's more just grammar they study. Thank goodness I remember most of the short stories from freshman English.

The good news: she brought her Biology grade up to a C. Was happy for her.

Still waiting on the next step with baby N. I hope something happens soon.

6 Comments:

  • At 7:28 AM, Blogger Megamom said…

    You are being so patient, I dont know how you can stand it. Im just reading bout it and im like come on give her baby n already :)

    May God give you special blessings today!

     
  • At 8:31 AM, Blogger soralis said…

    Teenagers... ahh yes if they only knew what a wonderful time of life that can be! :)

    Take care and I hope you get some word on Baby N very soon!

     
  • At 8:45 AM, Blogger No Longer In Crisis said…

    OMG, all this baby work, and I totally spaced that you have a teenager in the house too. Girl, you are my hero. Yup, she sounds like she's acclimated quite well and a normal "American" teenager.

     
  • At 10:34 AM, Blogger GLouise said…

    I had totally forgotten about So Young! I am sorry to hear she has such a mean teacher. Yikes!! What is the topic of the paper going to be on?

     
  • At 10:41 AM, Blogger Lisa said…

    She has to pick a short story, then pick her favorite character. Write a 5 paragraph essay on 3 character traits. This project isn't actually that bad, but I'm sure she will grade it hard.

     
  • At 5:15 PM, Blogger Maya said…

    You definitely have your hands full. I think that baby N's social worker needs to put her foot down with foster mom and not leave her these options. I would be ticked off.
    Teenagers are a hand full, but it sounds like the real problem is the teacher. I might be talking to the Principal.
    :) Sorry for all the advice, but...

     

Post a Comment

<< Home