Lilypie 2nd Birthday Ticker

You Could Always Adopt. . .

Adopted 3 boys out of foster care, then got pregnant for my beautiful daughter, now currently pregnant again with twins.

Wednesday, March 15, 2006

Waiting

Saturday is our last MAPP class and I think they're going to have a panel with some foster parents and adoption people. I think I will learn a lot. We turn in the rest of our paperwork Saturday, then 1 or 2 more visits from the Home Development worker.

Then we wait. . .

Then I start worrying. . .

Is our correct telephone number in the computer(we changed it, but gave them the new one)?

What if I get a placement during my busy time at work and I don't get time to bond?

How can I be creative about asking for leave to bond with the new baby, since it's not legally required until the adoption is finalized?

How long will the wait be?

What if I take siblings, then get pregnant with twins, or even triplets(hoping to hit the jackpot huh)?

How can I arrange for one of us to be a stay at home parent?

Monday, hopefully, I can start cycling. I hope I can give myself shots. L can do it, but I'm terrified of him coming near me with a needle cause he picks on me so much.

Just waiting on the phone to ring. . .

2 Comments:

  • At 1:40 PM, Blogger No Longer In Crisis said…

    Just a quick thought - the Family Medical Leave Act was updated to include placements in your home of children for foster care. Of course, if you burn up your 12 weeks now, you can't take it later once you adopt (if it's the same year). But, you might want to look into your options - I did, and it has really paid off. Of course, unpaid leave sucks - but missing out on time with a new placement is worse, (IMHO). (I still fret, as if that's any consolation!)

     
  • At 8:30 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Don't even worry about giving yourself shots -- after you get over what I call the "ick factor" of the first one, you will be a pro and it won't bother you at all. In fact, it is so much better than the 2ww because you are actively doing something. Email me if you need me when you get to that point. :)

    Nat

     

Post a Comment

<< Home