Lilypie 2nd Birthday Ticker

You Could Always Adopt. . .

Adopted 3 boys out of foster care, then got pregnant for my beautiful daughter, now currently pregnant again with twins.

Monday, March 20, 2006

Not on the Same Page

We went back to the RE today and still no period since Dec 1. He does a bunch of bloodwork and ultrasound and says I'm not ready to start IUI with clomid and injectibles, but thinks he can jump start me with straight injectibles, so I leave with follistim pen and cartridge and a calender for an IUI cycle. Great, until I get in the car.

L was not ready to start a full injectible cycle without me having a period first. He griped about the prices and how the he waited over an hour in the dr's office and rushed us out in 2 minutes! We had words, but agreed to cancel the cycle before it started (because we both need to be on board). I call the dr in Houston to see if I can take prometrium to get my period started and the nurses said yes.

I am feeling much better than I was earlier, and at least have L considering IVF. Now that he found out the costs of injectible IUI cycle, I may have him convinced to save a little longer and go for IVF.

On the adoption front, the good news is I finished my last MAPP class. The bad news is that our home development worker is booked and doesn't think she will get to finish our homestudy until May! I think we might still be contacted, but only if they get desperate since they are not fully certified. L's friend's social worker says their are babies in foster care waiting to go to adoptive resource homes. I don't want to miss out.

It has NOT been a good day!

9 Comments:

  • At 5:38 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    I'm so sorry it's been a rough day.
    It's definitely good to hold off until your on the same page but it's so frustrating.
    And the delays on the certification must be maddening - I hope the social worker finds herself with some unexpected extra time to tackle your homestudy paperwork.
    Thinking of you and hoping tomorrow is a better day.

     
  • At 9:32 AM, Blogger No Longer In Crisis said…

    we've been there too - not being on the same page (i swore we weren't even reading the same BOOK), and it made me want to cuss. OK, I DID cuss...a lot. And eventually we came together. I make faster decisions, work through all the issues at warp speed, and then get pissed off when he wants to "think about it" or "wait until(x) happens". Ugh. It is so rough, I know. I sure hope the week gets better for you. Those RE trips are hard on everyone. Sending good thoughts your way...

     
  • At 11:04 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Sorry you guys had words...what is the disadvantage to not having a period before IUI? I just finished prometrium, and I am waiting for my cycle...should be within 2 days...then I start gonal-f on day 3.

     
  • At 12:47 PM, Blogger Maya said…

    I can relate to yours and Tamara's frustration. I don't know if it is because we are the ones who's eggs age early and their swimmers are freshly produced until they are like 475. I just know that infertility is hard, the process of going through the treatments are hard, and not always being on the same page is hard. I think you are wise to slow down for him. I am trying to learn that as well. I hope that things go better soon.

     
  • At 3:19 PM, Blogger charlie's mom said…

    I hope you come together on this too. It is so hard to be in different places about treatment. It sounds like we've all been there.

     
  • At 11:08 PM, Blogger Nique said…

    Lisa I am sorry you had such a tough day. I really hope you and L can agree on what treatment to do.
    Thinking and praying for you both.

     
  • At 6:31 AM, Blogger GLouise said…

    Aww- that stinks!

    My husband pulled that a few months ago!

     
  • At 8:39 AM, Blogger x said…

    I am so sorry that you and L are not on the same page. I hope that you can come to an agreement. Waiting is hard, I'm sorry you aren't getting started with the IUI cycle.

     
  • At 8:17 AM, Blogger Amy said…

    We went through this, too. Chris had a really hard time moving from Clomid to injectible IUIs. Our plan was to do 3 IUIs, then start IVF cycles. By the time we got to that point, he was okay with it. Fortunately, the third IUI did the trick for us. We went much more slowly than I would have paced it, but it was important we be on the same page. Still, it didn't stop me from resenting him sometimes in the early days.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home