Lilypie 2nd Birthday Ticker

You Could Always Adopt. . .

Adopted 3 boys out of foster care, then got pregnant for my beautiful daughter, now currently pregnant again with twins.

Thursday, March 16, 2006

Don't be Disappointed If. . .

That seems to have been my life for the last two years.

Don't be disappointed if the first IUI doesn't work. It could take 5-6 times.

"Be patient, it will happen eventually," says my dear mother.

"Be Careful with foster children", says MIL, "cause they could have problems."
So could my biological kids. What you wouldn't love them anyway?

Be careful not to get to attached to your baby they place with you, it may go home. Yes. It might. But let's be realistic. I'm GOING to get attached and set myself up for disappointment. It's a risk, but I risk I'm taking and hoping works out.

I like the reaction from my exchange student when I said, "If we're lucky, we may get a baby" From her I get a bright smile and "cool" Isn't she sweet.

So, next time someone has come to terms with a difficult decision, just smile and be happy for them. Don't bother with the assvice.

Sorry, I'm boring this week. Next week should get more exciting when I get to start poking myself with needles(hopefully). To make shot giving more interesting, I have a weak stomach and faint sometimes.

So, let's take a poll. How many times will I get a weak stomach and faint during treatment before I get pregnant?

If I actually get pregnant, I think I will be constantly passed out during labor from nervousness. Maybe that's why God is leading me to adoption.

4 Comments:

  • At 4:27 AM, Blogger Family Ties said…

    I swear this came right on time! There is a difference btwn being supportive and assvice. I have a friend who went thru treatments and told me before I started....

    Oh, you're getting that, that's gonna hurrrrrt.
    Oh you should do XYZ....
    You should blah blah


    SIck of assivce, so this post was great.

    Hopefully you come across more people like your exchange student :)

     
  • At 6:06 AM, Blogger GLouise said…

    Don't you just *love* negative advice!?

    Your exchange student is right on the money. What a sweet person.

    I must say- who is telling u it may take 5-6 IUIs? That seems a bit excessive. I think after 3 failed IUIs they usually encourage people to consider "other options."

    Of course- I have been through 5 IUIs that obviously did not work: Three rounds of IUI before turning to IVF and then after my first attempt at IVF did not work, that cycle ended in IUI #s 4 and 5. Ugg.

     
  • At 3:05 PM, Blogger Lut C. said…

    I hope the appointment with the RE goes well.

     
  • At 12:02 AM, Blogger Jen said…

    So true about the assvice. I smile is so much nicer.

    Good luck with the needles. Hopefully, no fainting will be involved this time!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home