Lilypie 2nd Birthday Ticker

You Could Always Adopt. . .

Adopted 3 boys out of foster care, then got pregnant for my beautiful daughter, now currently pregnant again with twins.

Monday, January 16, 2006

Go Back to Bed, Wake Up and Try Again

It's been one of those days.

I arrive at the office with invoices to bill in my box. Fine. No problem.

They were from LAST MONTH. So that means, I have to re-do my monthly statements again from scratch. JOY!!

Later, my boss found a couple errors to fix and asked why I didn't look them over. Well, I'm doing them over again anyway....

The fact that I've been given everyone else's work to do and was lacking time was no excuse, I'm superwoman right?? That's fine, just get rid of the extra people and give me their pay. Yeah right! Ok, it's not that bad, I guess. Ok, now I'm being ugly.

L was supposed to take So Young to the office to meet everyone. I had to call and tell him not to, because I barely had time to breathe, and surely not enough to shoot the shit with everyone while I introduce her. No big deal I guess, she's gonna be here for a year.

I must give you a warning. The classes for state foster/adoption start mid-February. Prepare to hear some serious bitching about the stupid rules I will have to follow. L already informed me of one. It appears that you cannot have a home business.

Why the f*ck not?? Are self-employed people not good parents? Don't you get to see your children more if you work from home? I have a side business, it's small, but the extra money comes in handy for my non-covered medical expenses.

If I get pregnant on my own, I'm a good enough parent regardless of whether or not I have a home business. If I foster/adopt from the state, I'm a BAD parent if I work from home.

I'm sure there will be plenty more nonsense rules coming soon. Stay tuned!

3 Comments:

  • At 3:58 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Hey Lisa, that does sound like a weird rule. I know over here in my state in Australia we actually have an adoption waiting list that is closed which means no new people can be added to it for who knows how long. The estimated time on the list is 10 years at the earliest! There are just hardly any babies for adoption here. I know all this as one of my friends put themselves on the list because of their infertity problems. You also have to have a certain amount in your bank account at all times. So yes there are tough and weird rules here to.

     
  • At 4:57 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    That is an awful rule. What difference does it make if you work outside or inside the home? I hate it when rules don't make any sense.
    Hope work gets better for you soon.

     
  • At 9:29 AM, Blogger x said…

    There are stupid rules for adoption too - why do they make it so hard for people that want children the most?
    You are a brave girl - exchange student, foster children. I have thought of foster children but I am not sure my heart could handle giving them back.
    I hope the classes aren't too bad.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home