Lilypie 2nd Birthday Ticker

You Could Always Adopt. . .

Adopted 3 boys out of foster care, then got pregnant for my beautiful daughter, now currently pregnant again with twins.

Friday, January 13, 2006

Mardi Gras Ball

L is in a Mardi Gras crew in this little shit town we live in, but it's a pretty big thing. They have this awesome ball (so I've heard) every year. One of his guests couldn't make it, so I got to extend another invitation to a couple I wanted to come.

I immediately think of my cousin that is my sis's age. I call my Nanny, her mom, and shoot the shit a little then ask for her phone number so I could invite her. The conversation ends with, "I thought you were calling to tell me you were pg" I calmly explained that I had some endometriosis, so we were having some problems. She said it would work out and if not, plenty babies needed homes(adoption). She then asked if I had seen the pics of my other cousin's new baby.

I told her I would look at them in a couple of weeks. I can't really be mad at this assvice because it was so sincere, I mean, she was really sincere about it, just didn't understand that adoption and baby pics are not good topics.

My cousin is coming to the ball though.

So Young's father and the korean banks figured out the money wiring instructions, so I think everything should start going more smoothly. I enjoy having her here so much.

Anyway, the ball is in 2 weeks. I have a dress, but no shoes and jewelry. Oh, of course, the dress has to be hemmed and I need to find a somewhat comfortable strappless bra. Any suggestions?

2 Comments:

  • At 8:23 AM, Blogger x said…

    Somebody really needs to start a "how to talk to an infertile" campaign - even when they don't mean any harm, fertiles are stupid.
    A ball - a mardi gras ball - considering I live in Canada with mounds of snow everywhere can I say I am so jelous???
    My mom was living with her internet boyfriend in Slidell for a year or so but it didn't go well - too bad we never made it down for Mardi Gras.
    Hope you have a great time!

     
  • At 11:44 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    I hope you have a great time at the ball! It sounds so fun, Im jealous! I dont know if you've heard of Fashion Bug or not. Im not sure where all their locations are, but they have some great strapless bras. Wal Mart has a brand Vaserette (sp) and they have some decent bras too, and they arent too expensive.

    Good luck!!

    Vicki

     

Post a Comment

<< Home