Lilypie 2nd Birthday Ticker

You Could Always Adopt. . .

Adopted 3 boys out of foster care, then got pregnant for my beautiful daughter, now currently pregnant again with twins.

Tuesday, December 20, 2005

No Baby Yet

As you all probably figured out, the fairy tale scenerio did not work out. Am I suprised? No. Disappointed? Of course. It's kinda like playing the lottery. You know you are not going to win, but it doesn't stop the disappointment of what "could have been" if you had the winning numbers.

The good news: L is now going to give consideration to the adoption route, which he previously would not consider, due to the red tape and privacy invasion thing. After L talked to his friend, he told L that it was a great experience and state really is trying to look out for the best interest of the children in their care.

Fostering/Adoption may be the best route for us later when you compare the expenses of other family building options:

1. Adoption--I've heard estimates between 15,000-30,000 dollars.
2. IUI-- $1000 to 2500 per cycle, no guarantees
3. IVF --10,000 to 15,000 per cycle
4. Option #2 and 3 are not acceptable in the Catholic church.
5. Adopt child from the state --$0 the state covers all adoption expenses if your foster child becomes available for adoption and you want to adopt.

Why go just one route to family building, when you can take several? As of now, I think are going to try a combination of all of the above.

L wants to get certified to become a foster parent. I sure won't mind filling my empty house!

Thanks for the kind advice, everyone.

5 Comments:

  • At 12:45 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    I think you need to chose the path that you both feel most comfortable with. Adoption is currently not a good option for me as I'm not ready to give up on the idea of biological children, but given your religious constraints, maybe this is the right choice for you. I guess the thing that would worry me about fostering is that you might not get to keep a baby that you had fallen deeply in love with. How would you cope with that?

     
  • At 2:16 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Lisa:

    Sorry it didn't work out this time.

    While I'm here, just curious: I know why the Catholic Church doesn't agree with IVF, but what about IUI? The fertilisation still occurs in the womb with IUI with no "extra" embryos resulting. Is it the m@sterbation needed from the DH? If so, they do have "collection c*ndoms" that can be used with some sucess. Just wondering.....

    Also, about the adoption costs, do keep in mind the tax credit in the year you adopt-- about $10,000 IIRC. So, while you have to front the money, you get most of it back from what I understand.

    Yellowgirl

     
  • At 7:10 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    I'm sorry to hear it didn't work out but it seems to have been a catalyst for you and L to feel out the adoption route. Financially it certainly seems to make sense, I just hope you'd be able to cope with the uncertainty.

     
  • At 9:02 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    I can't believe the Catholic church doesn't agree with IVF, or hang on yes I can lol. I am sorry this all didn't work out for your guys.

    I actually just assumed you were doing IVF, so have you been doing other fertitly treatments?

    Anyway praying that no matter which way that you decide to go, that you are blessed with children.

     
  • At 9:40 PM, Blogger animallvr said…

    Hey,
    My Repro teacher mentioned that some doctors will do a normal IUI and place the sperm right into the uterus as usual and then place what remains in the insemination tube into the vaginal/cervical area where it would naturally be deposited and some priests usually say that's okay. Look into it..call me for more details.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home