Lilypie 2nd Birthday Ticker

You Could Always Adopt. . .

Adopted 3 boys out of foster care, then got pregnant for my beautiful daughter, now currently pregnant again with twins.

Friday, December 09, 2005

Houseguest Coming Soon

No, I'm not pregnant.

Don't worry everyone, I did NOT take in another animal.

My in-laws are not moving in, neither or my parents, or any other family.

We are not adopting or taking in a foster child(not yet)

But....

We are taking in an exchange student from Korea!!

It's a girl. She is 16 and will be arriving in January and staying for a year. She will have her own money and all she needs is a place to stay. It's going to be an interesting change going from no children to being responsible for a teenager, but we definately have room for her! When L called the lady to set it up, I wasn't sure at first, but now I'm completely excited!

If there's ever a good time for this sort of experience, it is now. What better time than now to take in an exchange student? L and I have no other children or responsibilties, so she will be able to get on un-divided attention. Even if I get pregnant, it won't be until at least March and she will be gone or about to leave before I have a baby anyway. I just wish we could have her for Christmas, so I wouldn't be so lonely, but I guess it's better she spend it with her family.

So, what do ya'll think?

4 Comments:

  • At 6:44 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Very exciting! I wish we had room to do fun stuff like that. It's always such a learning experience to meet people from different cultures.
    Enjoy!
    And pleas pardon my lack of participatin in the post below - I am quite possibly the least creative person on the planet. I try not to show that off. ;)

     
  • At 2:27 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    My parents-in-law had an exchange student from Denmark for a year, and they loved it. She's actually still in touch with them, and has been over to visit several times. She even came to our wedding! So yeah, in my experience having an exchange student can be great. I hope it is for you!

     
  • At 2:44 PM, Blogger chris said…

    This is very exciting. And I won't quote Leslie Nealson from "The Naked Gun" either. Nope. Won't do it.

    What, I'm the only one who remembers that reference?

     
  • At 4:04 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Hey Lisa that does sounds exciting! I hope you all enjoy the experience of having an exchange student!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home