Lilypie 2nd Birthday Ticker

You Could Always Adopt. . .

Adopted 3 boys out of foster care, then got pregnant for my beautiful daughter, now currently pregnant again with twins.

Monday, December 19, 2005

Blessing Maybe

Ok, let's try not to get too excited, but maybe, and I mean maybe, there's a chance of us getting to foster and very likely adopting a 3 week old baby boy!

A friend of L's is in the process of adopting a foster child and received a call a few days ago asking if they wanted an infant. He informed them that it was too much for him, but knew someone (us) who would be willing. The social worker told him that there is a VERY GOOD chance that the baby will NOT be re-united with his mom due to some serious issues. Anyway, if we can get temporarily cerified in time, a big IF, we will get to foster a baby boy and have the option to adopt him, unless his mom makes a huge life change (which they feel is VERY unlikely).

It's a risk, I know. I do feel that the odds are in our favor, if we are approved. The red tape is not as bad as I first thought, and there are no adoption fees if we get to adopt the baby. The state covers EVERYTHING. I don't think I could do it if they told me it would probably get to go back with it's mom, but since that is unlikely, I guess I'll just roll the dice.

I'm trying not to get excited, but I have a good gut feeling about this. What do ya'll think? I know it's ultimately our decision but we would greatly appreciate any advice or good/bad experiences you had with adopting or fostering.

We haven't planned on adoption at this stage, but I didn't expect to be this close to maybe having a newborn.

I will not get excited yet.

Please, I need mega prayers(sorry I'm being selfish about prayer requests today).

I will keep you posted as I learn more. Wish us luck!


  • At 7:04 PM, Anonymous Lori said…

    Wow - that's quite an opportunity. I can understand why you'd be unwilling to do it if there was a chance the mother would come back into the picture. I can't imagine how devastating that would be. That being said, sometimes in life you just need to leap. I don't mean making a poorly thought out decision but you just have to go with your gut.
    I'm sorry I'm not being all that helpful. It's such a big decision to make.
    Maybe you'll have a full house sooner than you think (especially with the exchange student on her way!). Good luck sorting this one out and keep us posted of course!

  • At 8:05 AM, Blogger Liz said…

    I think this is a wonderful opportunity. Having worked in a foster care/adoption agency I've learned that newborns that are removed from their parents have less then a 5% chance of returning to them. When they are that young the agency and state tend to speed things up. I know it's a difficult decision but it sounds like a great opportunity. Good luck!!


Post a Comment

<< Home