Lilypie 2nd Birthday Ticker

You Could Always Adopt. . .

Adopted 3 boys out of foster care, then got pregnant for my beautiful daughter, now currently pregnant again with twins.

Monday, December 05, 2005

It Runs In the Family

My dad had colon cancer at 34.

My dad's brother had colon cancer.

My grandfather died of colon cancer (back when they didn't have as advanced treatment).

Doctor says I have to get screened 10 years before the age my dad had first round of colon cancer. At 26, I'm two years late, but finally quit procrasinating and scheduled a colonoscopy.

Fun.

I'm so thrilled.

Although only the men in my dad's side had colon cancer, I still must be checked because of genetics. My colonoscopy is scheduled Dec 19 (at least I won't have to re-pay my deductible).

I'm not too worried but please send prayers. If I'm clean, I won't have to go back for another 5 years, so pray they find absolutely nothing.

I figured I'd get it out the way while I wasn't trying to get pregnant the next couple months.

By the way, my dad and uncle are fine, and since my dad no longer has a colon, his cancer won't return there.

5 Comments:

  • At 10:15 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Damn genetics! HOPE you are clear and am thinking of you. Hugs

     
  • At 10:18 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Would it help if I told you that I read on some quack web site or board, can't remember, that some folks believe in enemas and the like to help improve their fertility chances? Good luck! My dad used to get screened, and I know it is no picnic. Maybe you can score some good drugs!

     
  • At 3:42 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    I hope you get the all clear! Colon cancer is in my family as well and I'll be due for one in just a few years myself.
    Good luck!!!

     
  • At 9:37 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Lisa, hope it all clear. My father in law has prostrate cancer, thankfully it can be treated. In my family we have cervival cancer my grandma nearly died from it. We also have breast cancer, heart probrems, diabetes and there are probaby other things, its like pick a diease lol sorry that sounds bad but I figure you gotta laugh about these things sometimes but then I can be weird it has been said!

     
  • At 8:54 AM, Blogger April said…

    Wishing you the best... and that it's as comfortable as possible.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home