Lilypie 2nd Birthday Ticker

You Could Always Adopt. . .

Adopted 3 boys out of foster care, then got pregnant for my beautiful daughter, now currently pregnant again with twins.

Friday, December 02, 2005

No Wonder I'm Not Pregnant!!

Ok, I'm somewhat furious about what I'm about to write. I don't think I was seeing a qualified RE, so appropriately, I will call him Dr. Quack, and will say he is from a major city in Louisiana, but not New Orleans.

I posted a question on an online infertility support group about the timing between the HCG trigger shot and the IUI. Dr. Quack would give me a trigger shot on day 14 around 7:30 am and not inseminate until day 16 around 8-10 am. That's approximately 50 or so hours after the trigger. I thought that seemed a little late, but Dr. Quack knows all right? Well, it turns out some of the ladies informed me that this the IUI is usually done around 36 hours after the trigger. Most of them have been through more in treatment, and if they say 36 hours, I believe this is accurate. That was also the time frame I was thinking it should have been done in. If I'm wrong, please correct me.

Anyway, generally people inseminate 36 hours after the trigger, Dr. Quack, 50-52 hours depending on how long the lab took to do the wash!! Am I the only one that thinks there is something wrong? I even asked him to inseminate the afernoon after the trigger shot and he said, "nope, it's too early." After doing an IUI, approximately 50 hours past the trigger shot, he makes the following suggestion, "Intercourse will be helpful tonight, the egg will still be alive." Is the egg really still alive approximately 60 hours after the trigger shot?

Please, please clarify this. I want to make sure Dr. New Orleans does it properly when I start seeing him. Thanks everyone.

1 Comments:

  • At 8:47 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    I don't know what to say, not having done and IUI or an hcg trigger before but I was under the impression that it is a 36 hour window. That seems to be what I see on my message board from others. Do you feel you could directly question Dr. Quack?

     

Post a Comment

<< Home