Lilypie 2nd Birthday Ticker

You Could Always Adopt. . .

Adopted 3 boys out of foster care, then got pregnant for my beautiful daughter, now currently pregnant again with twins.

Tuesday, October 18, 2005

Two Week Wait

No, not that two week wait!! I couldn't be that lucky. I'm waiting for my follow-up appointment with my doctor. This will be my chance to find out what the heck is wrong with me without being under the influence of anesthesia. Since I found out about endometriosis, several questions have been puzzling me. . . How much less like am I to get and stay pregnant with endometriosis? Is it gone for good, if not how long do I have to attempt pregnancy without it coming back? How is Lupron going to help? Is there any other treatments? Is Lupron treatment going to make me feel like crap?

A middle school science teacher once told me that with every solution comes 10 new problems. I guess that could also be interpretted as, "With every answer comes 10 new questions." Ain't that the truth. Just when I researched possibly everything I can think of concerning infertility, now I have part of the reason, endometriosis, and I know almost NOTHING about it.

I didn't realize there were so many infertility issues you could face in your twenties! Obviously, infertility does not practice age discrimination! I understand L's problem. His was a fluke being so young. The kidney problems kept him sick, which adversly affected his sperm. I haven't been sick (at least I didn't know about it). Why am I having these issues?

If anyone has any experiences with endometriosis and trying to conceive, or lupron treatment, please feel free to share them with me or email if you don't want them public. I feel alone and confused. Too confused to have a break down yet. Too scared to know the truth that this may cause me to never get pregnant. Ignorance is bliss right? Not really, I guess.

1 Comments:

  • At 6:42 AM, Blogger Amy said…

    I know you wrote this a long time ago. I just found you via Tertia--I am from South Louisiana, as well, so when I saw that on Tertia's comments, I had to check you out.

    I am currently going back through your archives, and I didn't cheat and read more recent entries, so I don't know where you are now in your journey.

    I just wanted to say that so far, we have a lot in common. I had an HSG, Clomid for 9 months, an ectopic pregnancy that had to be terminated, surgery for severe endometriosis, Lupron treatment for 4 months, then 3 IUIs. I finally conceived on my third IUI--but I had no male factor issues.

    I am looking forward to reading the rest of your archives, so don't be surprised if I leave comments on old entries until I have caught up.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home