Lilypie 2nd Birthday Ticker

You Could Always Adopt. . .

Adopted 3 boys out of foster care, then got pregnant for my beautiful daughter, now currently pregnant again with twins.

Monday, April 07, 2008

Searching

Well, I'm still here. Barely. I took the opportunity to bring Smiley to an out of town doctor's appointment rather than have to re-schedule again. It's not like I have a job next year, so why not? Orthopedic doctor says everything looks fine and reccommends P/T twice a week, beginning the summer I'm off. Now to find someone who can see him that often that isn't two hours away.

After returning home, I turned in my application to the local school board. Next step is contacting the principals of the schools I'd like to teach at. Also, trying to wrap up some projects for school.

I read a very interesting explanation on why suffering is necessary. It comforted me a bit, as I know He will get me through it. In summary, suffering patiently is a way of sharing a bit of Jesus' passion. Suffering is from God. We must pray that He give us the strength and patience to get through it, and (if it's in His will) to deliver us from suffering. It's hard to let go at times you're in such pain, but if you lose your faith, what's left?

I guess what hit me hardest about my job is I felt I was serving God by teaching at a Catholic school, rather than just being their for a career.

10 Comments:

  • At 1:14 PM, Blogger Raw Eats said…

    Lisa,

    Can we see new pics of Smiley?
    It's been a while. :)
    Good new from the doctor. Praying you'll find a good PT. We love our daughter's PT.

     
  • At 1:24 PM, Blogger Leanne said…

    About serving God by teaching at a Catholic school - while I agree that you certainly were, perhaps God is preparing a job for you where you can be His hands and feet to children who would otherwise not know Him at all. I would be thrilled to have Christian teachers serving in our public school.

     
  • At 7:53 PM, Blogger bloggingmomto2 said…

    God does have a plan for you!

     
  • At 8:12 PM, Blogger Happy Mama to Three said…

    I know he has a plan for each of us. I also know how hard it is to see that sometimes when we are discouraged. A know that everything has a purpose and I am sure that you are going to be rewarded for your loving heart and your commitment to making life better for children.

    You have my prayers

    Cindi

     
  • At 8:34 PM, Blogger JUST A MOM said…

    Suffering is from God I WILL TELL YOU MY THOUGTHS,,,, I am a christian and I have talked this with a friend of mine just last week... it is NOT from God,, it just happens some times like freedom of choice... God is there when stuff happens and he helps us through it if you are sitting in a gutter shooting up He will be there with you .. hoping you will turn to Him.... I am sorry you are having a hard time and I so hope if you want to work that you can find something that you enjoy. Hang in there and just enjoy the day you are in. THAT is all He wants for you to enjoy,,,,,

     
  • At 5:22 AM, Blogger StarfishMom said…

    I know how your heart must be hurting. I am THE most impatient person. I know that God has a plan but sometimes my 'human mind' wants things RIGHT NOW! It is so NOT easy for me to sit back and wait for God to bring a baby boy to our family. I keep trying to help God out by trying to find what I would think is the perfect situation. I am learning that God DOES have things under control and if I wait for HIM to fulfill the desires of my heart I will be blessed beyond my imagination. I am praying that God blesses you beyond your imagination and that HE will fill you with HIS peace while you wait. Blessings...

     
  • At 12:53 PM, Blogger Runergirl said…

    Sorry we didn't get together on Sunday. By the time P got home from the game and I finished shopping it was 7:00pm!!!!

    God does have a plan, I believe you will get your baby.

     
  • At 3:57 PM, Blogger Yellowgirl said…

    Lisa--
    Long time since I've commented, but I try to check on you to keep up to date. I'm so sorry about your job and about the potential placement. Of anyone, it seems like it should be YOUR turn, know what I mean? But "that which does not kill us makes us stronger". I do believe that. Plus "When God closes a door, he opens a window." Hang in there!

    Yellowgirl

     
  • At 6:14 PM, Blogger Blue Ridge Living said…

    The LORD is close to the brokenhearted;
    He rescues those who are crushed in spirit.

    Psalm 34:18

    Praying for you!

     
  • At 1:14 PM, Blogger christina said…

    Hiya! I am a new reader to your Blog, and i am really enjoying it!I too am a adoptive-foster partent, and going though the roller coaster of it!
    http://www.thefrazzledmom.com

     

Post a Comment

<< Home