Lilypie 2nd Birthday Ticker

You Could Always Adopt. . .

Adopted 3 boys out of foster care, then got pregnant for my beautiful daughter, now currently pregnant again with twins.

Monday, September 17, 2007

Continued

Bubbles' case was continued until the end of next month. I'm so frustrated I was nearly in tears. Bio mom didn't show so they re-scheduled court, since she just had a baby last week. I think it's a stall tactic. What a wasted day of missed work!

I guess it wasn't completely wasted because when we arrived at court, Smiley's adoption worker was there. Apparantly, he had a court hearing today too. We didn't have to be there, but since we were there for Bubbles anyway, we attended his very short hearing.

There was some kind of commnunication error and E&arly S.teps told social s.ervices that we refused services for Bubbles! She was denied because she didn't qualify. She doesn't need it. She has no delays. Now we have to have her evaluated again. It takes 5 separate visits for an evaluation! I'm so pissed! Like I would deny my kids' treatment they needed! They said if we didn't do it, they would have to move her. I think they are just looking for an excuse because we fight for her and want another foster family who will just stay out of things.

Smiley's attorney filed the adoption paperwork, so we have to wait at least 30 days before we can schedule a court hearing. Smiley should be ours by later October, early November!

6 Comments:

  • At 6:31 PM, Blogger owlfan said…

    Great to hear that Smiley's adoption is moving forward.

    Boo hiss! on Bubbles case. Can't they just check with E.arly S.teps and verify that she didn't need services?

     
  • At 7:38 PM, Blogger Runergirl said…

    I'm so sorry!!!! Call me tomorrow after school if you get a chance!

     
  • At 1:56 PM, Blogger Tamara said…

    Dang! We did our evaluation with First Steps here with Cookie over the phone and it took all of 30 min. for them to determine she had no delays - UGH!! What a crock. I'm sorry - it sounds like exactly what you think they are doing. But I'm SO glad to hear the adoption process seems to be going well. That is excellent news.

     
  • At 7:09 AM, Blogger Julie said…

    That is great news on Smiley- but awful about bubbles- didn't they send you a letter stating she didn't qualify for services? I have that for G. That sucks! 5 meetings? that is crazy! They do ours here in one meeting.

    sorry this is such a nightmare! hang in there!

     
  • At 2:09 PM, Blogger Overwhelmed! said…

    Oh, I'm so sorry your experiencing such frustrations with Bubble's case. Hang in there and have faith that it WILL all work out.

    I'm so glad to hear that Smiley's adoption is progressing!

    Take care!

     
  • At 5:37 PM, Blogger Jo said…

    Congrats on Smiley's adoption moving forward! Sorry to hear about bubbles. the birth parents are the only ones that seem to matter sometimes to the court and yet it is because of them for one reason or another that their kids are in our homes.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home